“Best B&B ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Porches of Pendleton

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Tonawanda
Porches of Pendleton
5176 Tonawanda Creek Road, North Tonawanda, NY 14120   |
“Best B&B ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Some of the best service we have ever had anywhere. Deb and Tex were amazing people and all the small touches made this place something special. I will never go anywhere else in WNY again if I can avoid it.

• Stayed August 2013

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Medina, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've been holding off on reviewing this place out of selfish motives--I don't want them to get so busy that I can't get a room (or two for family/friends)! ;-P But Tex and Deb deserve all of the business and praise they get! The warm, made-from-scratch peanut butter and chocolate chip oatmeal cookies that greet you when you first show up are good enough that I would just go for the cookies. But wait, there's more! Gorgeously decorated. To the point that I think they would easily qualify for being featured in a Better Homes and Garden magazine (this is the only time I've ever seen a matching porcelain toilet and sink set intricately painted all over with wild flowers) . And yet, it's not stuffy. You don't walk around paranoid that you'll break something. Super clean. For the fun of it, my husband and I literally walked around and tried to find dust somewhere, anywhere. There is no dust. There is also no pets and no smoking allowed (which was great for my husband who has bad allergies). The breakfast is hands down better than Bob Evans or any other restaurant I've even been to. I am not kidding. The reason is that if any restaurant took the amount of time and care that Tex does intricately arranging the food and carefully baking gourmet breakfast breads from scratch, they would go out business because there is no way to service a huge number of customers quickly and cheaply with that attention to detail. Luckily, since the guests at this bed and breakfast number only a few at a time and since Tex is the owner, he can take longer to prepare these breakfasts. The coffee. I don't have a Keurig coffee maker at home so it was a real treat to have coffee, fresh cream, and splenda day or night. Location. Very peaceful, beautiful location, with huge trees and the Erie canal and a comfortable porch with white wicker furniture and cushions. Very close to Niagara falls and Buffalo, but it feels miles away from anywhere. Finally, there's Deb and Tex. They are both extremely endearing. Tex apologized to my husband and I for spending too much time around us in the lobby when we first arrived (Tex was telling us stories about Buffalo complete with his one lines jokes which cause him to chuckle). I told Tex that one of the main reasons we came back (we've been to this B & B) multiple times since we discovered it last year is because we just plain like him and Deb. I am hoping to go back again sometime soon. My sister also loves this place and gives it an "excellent" rating.

Room Tip: *Actually, there is no swimming pool--I clicked that this place had one by accident, and now the web...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Owen Sound
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

From the nicest hosts to the beautiful room with walk out deck and and the delicious morning breakfast it was an absolute dream. The attention to detail was relentless from the cleanliness of your quarters to the presentation of your breakfast on a beautiful porch overlooking the grounds and canal. At the same time Tex and Deb made you feel so comfortable and welcome. Just can't be beat!!! Still close to Buffalo yet you could retreat and enjoy the serenity of Porches of Pendleton.

Thanks So Much!!

Room Tip: Spoil yourself pay the extra for Pendelton's Perch Room - absolutely grand!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
largo, florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Tex and Deb are superb innkeepers! What a delight it was it stay in such a serene place. If there was info or something from the kitchen needed Tex or Deb were there to help, even had a "to go" breakfast ready for us at 4 am! I highly recommend this B & B.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

In August 2011 we visited Niagara Falls and our family of 4 spent a wonderful week with Tex & Deb. They made us feel like part of the family. There home is beautiful and the property is great. We loved the canal and even took the kayaks out for a paddle. The bedroom with the loft was perfect for us, our girls loved going out on the widows watch. The large bathroom & tub was amazing too. We had our own balcony with a view of the canal, very peaceful. We had breakfast on the porch every morning, and you can't beat it, it's made to order every morning, everyone had there own choice with homemade muffins or bread, fresh fruit and perfectly cooked bacon!! The table was set for a king. They really out do themselves!! We had the best time and hope to be back in the area again someday!! Thanks Tex & Deb!!

Room Tip: The large master bedroom with balcony is amazing!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

absolutely stellar!!!.incredible breakfast and awesome atmosphere!!!! Deb & Tex are phenomenal people.....Deb i told you your B&B would be a great success!!!! we tried to visit before Christmas and we weren't able to make a reservation. congrats!!! we will see you soon...From Burlington, Ontario

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Greeted with homemade cookies and a big welcome from Tex, our stay at the Porches of Pendleton began in a most pleasant way! The Inn is elegant and spotless, and our room had everything that we could have required- most importantly a comfy bed. We were offered Tex and Deb's kayaks to take a paddle along the canal and they generously agreed to allow us to leave our car and belongings for an overnight while we cycled to Medina to another B & B. Returning to P of P, we enjoyed yet another relaxing evening and delicious breakfast. We have stayed in many bed and breakfasts but have never been offered the level of service that Tex and Deb provide as a matter of course.

Room Tip: Our room (Pedals and Petals) was more than adequate, but for a minor upgrade, the King room is outst...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Porches of Pendleton? Share your experiences!