“A trip back into the 1860's :)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nevada City Hotel & Cabins

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nevada City
Nevada City Hotel & Cabins
You added Nevada City Hotel & Cabins to your Saves list
Montana Heritage Foundation, PO Box 205, Nevada City, MT   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nevada City
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“A trip back into the 1860's :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We took our Aunt to Nevada City, as she was raised in the area, and coming into the town is like taking a step back in time. It was wonderful! Our stay at the Nevada City Hotel is one for the books. We loved the history of the entire place and was in awe that we got to stay there. There isn't any wifi, tv, radio, or air conditioning, you don't need it. We were so involved in learning everything we could about the town's history we didn't miss the electronics and it gets so cold at night we had to get extra blankets. I loved it! The people are helpful and very friendly. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Helena, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I spent a week in a cabin at Nevada City with a Road Scholar group working on the living history museum. The cabins were clean and comfortable. No TV or WiFi but it's comfortable for 1860s. Close to Star Bakery with great food.

Room Tip: Best to pick a cabin back from the road and the trucks. Quiet location generally.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Great Falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My husband and I, although already living in Montana, decided to take a week excursion on the Harley and ride all the secondary highways we could find in southwest Montana and learn more of our history. We opted not to have a plan, other than once finding an interesting place, staying for the night. Our (somewhat) destintation for day 3 was Ennis, but once we saw the historic Nevada City Hotel and Cabins, we just had to stay. It was a Monday, so there were vacancies, and as far as hotels go, the price was reasonable. This was the cutest place ever. Very rustic, including an old picket fence and cactus growing on the sod roof. The rooms are clean, furnished with antique furniture (and there is a functional bathroom with a hot water shower). There was a tiny creek running next our cabin. Of course there is no TV, radio, phone, or clock, but when you are on a wild west adventure, those things are truly unnessary. We took the short trip to Virginia City to take in the Brewery Follies and have a few beers at the Pioneer Bar with the locals. During the weekends, they have living history, and next year is the 150th anniversary, so with many festivities in the planning, reservations are recommended. Staying here was truly one of the highlights of our trip. Thanks to the friendly staff and those who allow such an adventure to be possible.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Helena, Montana, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family rented a cabin here on July 5th 2012. So while other reviews look tough, it's a rustic cabin and we went knowing that. The cabin was clean and the double beds were rustic. The plumbing worked fine. There were quite a few little spiders that freaked my wife out, but none that carted the kids away. :) A nice place to stay, but higher-end cost for the level of accomodations.

If you're looking for the experience of being in an older cabin, this is it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sandy, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Beds were horrible, rooms hot, toilet ran all night till we turned it off. No phone, tv, or clock definitely overpriced.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
John H, Owner at Nevada City Hotel & Cabins, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Our cabins are old, and the typical 20th century accommodations may not be found here. We hope our guests find a unique experience staying with us. An experience they may have had if they lived in Virginia City's heyday of around 1860. The rooms are clean, uncluttered, and include period correct antiques. If you require a phone it can be found at the front desk, a TV just cannot be found, wireless internet is available in our lobbies, and in the gentlemen's saloon now a coffee shop.
azsunshine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

Website does Not explain handicapped unfriendly.
A lot of stairs to climb to get to suites upstairs, which caused me quite some pain. While laying down, some man just opened door to look around!
Bathroom in suites very user unfriendly , outdated,cheap. No hooks,shelves anything but a bar of soap and cheap towels. No where to hang clothes in bath or room, had to prop window open with kleenex box to create space for personal articles! No clocks, no tv's , no cell service or phone in rooms to contact anyone, even front desk. Room itself was authentic.Ceiling very noisy with creaking, but age of building I guess it is to be expected.
Staff unsympathetic to handicapped situation, had to change hotels, for my condition was bad enough that I could not redo the staircase after going for dinner. Took a few hours to even get out of pain from climb up the first time, no phones to inform staff of problems going on as kids went off to sight see. They charged me 35.00 room fee to change hotel. Staff at this hotel rude and owner not much better when trying to explain my situation, would not let me complete a sentence.
Would not recommend.
Lynn G

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

I loved the hotel, especially the ladies parlor. It was everything I imagined and more. I have stayed in other historical hotels, but the Nevada Hotel is my favorite so far. I wasn't able to sleep all night because of the slamming of doors, the foot steps on the balcony and staircase, and whatever the loud noise is that happened at 2:30 A.M. It was great! Next time I'll leave my room and perhaps join those in the nightly activity that I experienced. My granddaughter hid under the covers and did not sleep all night as well. This is my kind of adventurer. The people working at the hotel were more than accommodating to our needs. Thanks for the memories.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Nevada City Hotel & Cabins? Share your experiences!