“The best.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 76 Hotels in Fira
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This place was amazing! Irene is a doll. She gives you the best dinner recommendations so you're not stuck eating at tourist traps all week. My boyfriend and I had a great time and felt very at home at this hotel. Get a room with a balcony... you will be amazed by the views- this hotel is right on the cliff. There were some bugs in our room but this was not surprising since we had a cave room. Before our stay, Irene did give us the option to stay at another hotel since the Santorini reflections was overbooked, but we declined and were able to still stay there. The only other part of the island I'd recommend staying in is Oia, but Fira is in a more central location so if you're looking to stay in the middle of the island I'd recommend Fira and this hotel! Also, rent an ATV when you arrive it's the best way to get around the island.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel after a VERY long journey from Australia, we were told that there had been a "double-booking" so we were moved to another hotel which was far, far below our expectations for our first night in Santorini. We had heard of these kinds of scams while planning our trip and it appears we fell victim to them. Irena, the Reflexions Manager, insisted it was "not their fault" but we don't know to this day who's fault it could have been if not theirs?!? We were never contacted to warn us of the "double booking" or offered a refund. The room at Studio Caldera (where we were moved to) was small, not very clean and had a distinctly unpleasant smell :(. Although the view of the Caldera from our balcony was uninhibited and pretty amazing.
We insisted on returning to Reflexions for our second and final night in Fira. Once we were there, it was spectacular. The rooms are spacious, clean and beautiful. The indoor pool was almost other-worldly. If we had been able to stay here both nights, as we booked and paid for months in advance, we would have happily rated it 4 or 5 out of 5.

• Stayed September 2012
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This was the perfect hotel. We asked for an extra bed for our daughter and were given (at no additional charge) a suite with a separate room with two extra beds. And oh my goodness, the views were amazing! I almost fell over from shock when I saw the view from our room. Unbelievable. Irene was so friendly and her English was much better than most Greeks I met (not that Greeks should have to learn English for tourists. I tried to learn some greek but I was pretty horrible. it was nice to get advice on Santorini from someone who I could understand so easily). Just be sure you are okay with stairs (as is true of all Santorini), this hotel is down about 40 or so stairs from the main street. Fortunately the guy who works there is quite strong and handled our bags no problem! I loved this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was the perfect hotel and staff for my boyfriend and I's joint birthday celebration! Irene and the staff are so friendly and loving toward their guests - we didn't want to leave!!! The advice on restaurants, tours and sightseeing were perfect suggestions by Irene, as well. She is a Santorini native and has the best advice for anything you want to do! The hotel is located in the best spot of Fira - fantastic volcano and see views from the balcony, right in the middle of town, far enough away from the night clubs so they don't keep you up till 6am! The bus station, taxi station, post office, shopping, amazing restaurants and clubs are all right there - yet you feel secluded in this cave-like hotel. The indoor pool is an absolute trip - is a real cave! The hotel's balcony was the best part - we would spend every morning and night relaxing on the balcony with the perfect view of the other 4 islands of Santorini with a cup of their amazing caramel tea. The next town over, Oia, is world famous for its sunsets, but Eric and I actually preferred the sunset from our balcony as it set behind the island of Thirissa - they were my favorite pictures of the trip! I cannot recommend this hotel enough - you will NOT be disappointed!!!!

Room Tip: There are only 7 rooms in the entire hotel - not a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My sister and I stayed here for one night during our whirlwind tour of Greece and it was terrific! Irene was an excellent hostess and we felt right at home. She sent a porter up the stairs (yes they were rough but Fira is built on a cliff face so what do you expect, you will be climbing stairs everywhere you go) to meet us to help with our bags, had a cold bottle of water, wine and fruit waiting for us and was very helpful with telling us the best things we should do on our short stay. The room was a classic cave style room and was quite large and very cute. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. Our room had its own terrace that overlooked the sea, volcano, and the town of Fira, and it is an absolutely breathtaking view! The location is incredible, it is right below the main shopping and eating area of Fira and was convenient to everything, including a 5 min walk to the bus station where all the islands buses depart/arrive from (so you can go to Oia for the famous sunset and the blue churches, beach, etc.). I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and when I make it back to Santorini for a long enough stay to do it justice, I will be staying here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I found it hard to put a title on this hotel as there are pros and cons for it. The againsts are the stairs, as mentioned in a previous review. We had 30 from our room to reception, and the trek to the main street was for some guests just too much. However, you find alternate routes which led to some very nice restaurants which we may not have found had the steps not been there. (The steps vary in height, texture and some a poorly lit at night).
The hotel itself was noisy when we stayed. There were quite a few weddings going on in the town and the noise levels were high. Also a main path ran past the hotel which again could be noisy. The rooms alos, i'm afraid, suffered a littel bit with noise issues. The bathroom next door was right next to my bed and I could pretty much hear evrything that happened in there.
But, evryone who may not agree with me - this is just a snapshot in time. Other visits may have been totally quiet.
Now the good bits.
The staff are amazing. Helpful beyond belief. A very big thankyou to Irene, Illias and the wonderful maid who kept our room spotless.
The rooms are lovely. Very quirky, and the view is just amazing. I don't think any description or photograph could do it justice.
Breakfast was great. If you don't like pastries, it might be classed as limited, but I thought it was great.
The pool. I laughed when my friend said it was an indoor pool, but it's cool water after a blazing hot day was perfect. It also was spotless, as were the changing facilities and showers.
Woudl I stay again. Yes I would. But this time I would be more prepared. Definately no heels, but a sensible pair of shoes instead.

Room Tip: Room 6 has direct access to the pool. You just have to ring and they open the door.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful week at this hotel.Only 8 rooms but oh so wonderful.The balcony room views are just amazing, and the staff so look after you. Ideal for romantic couples but beware of a hundred steps to encounter to and from the hotel as it is situated on a cliff side.A most relaxing romantic break.

Room Tip: Room 3 as ideal views of the Calderra
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Santorini Reflexions Volcano? Share your experiences!