“This hotel is like staying in a beautiful home of a friend.” 5 of 5 stars

Dream Island Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25th March, Fira 84700, Greece   |
Ranked #13 of 76 Hotels in Fira
Austin, Texas
“This hotel is like staying in a beautiful home of a friend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

From the beginning of your stay, when you are met by either the owner or a member of the staff at your point of arrival, to your departure, you are treated like a very welcome guest by this family-run facility.
The hotel was constructed in 2006 and the rooms and bathrooms are very modern and each has a balcony or sitting area overlooking the pool. The outdoor area is even complete with a drying rack for your wet towels and suits. They have a washing machine at your disposal and will store your luggage until your departure. The breakfasts are delicious and served in a lovely room with a selection of couches or chairs for seating.
Prior to my visit, I had injured my foot and walked with a cane. The owner said that if he wasn't picking up new guests, he would be happy to drive my son and I to wherever we wanted to go, instead of having to take a taxi. Their hospitality was unparalleled.

• Stayed September 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Greek first
Tempe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

I stayed in Dream Island Hotel for two nights in the third week of Sep. My reservation was a last minute one and I picked Dream Island solely based on the reviews on the tripadvisor.

I have to say that the hotel made my stay at Santorini all the more memorable. The moment you arrive, you can see that everything in the hotel was designed with loving care. The public spaces were awesome, and my room was lovely. The breakfast spread is huge and it is served in a neat cave-like room complex on the side.

The biggest selling point, in my view, were the people running the place. The place is owned by Georgia and her husband. They stay on the premises with their daughter and son as well as Athena, the wise dog. They clearly seem to subscribe to the old philosophy that the visitors are really their guests (the monetary transaction seems almost incidental). Starting from the arrival, where I was picked up by one of their staff from the airport, to the end, when Constadine (the owners' daughter) and her brother came to drop me off at the airport, it was really like I was staying at someone's place.

Don't get me wrong--Santorini in late September is so awesome that I would have enjoyed the trip no matter what. That I remember the hotel as one of the high-points of the trip is in itself a testament to its quality.

Hotels and management like this are rare in this busy world and I hope Dream Island continues and prospers. I am already dreaming up plans to travel to Greece again with my family next summer (and will most certainly stay at Dream Island).

Rao

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

we stayed two nıghts at dream ısland and see dreams really come true , perfect locatıon wıth frıendly atmosphere run by sweat famıly do theır best to relax you durıng your stay .

gamze& gurhan /turkey

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Rocklin. CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

This was the last stop of a two week vacation through Italy and Greece. We spent 4 days next to the pool in sun drenched Santorini. Although the hotel is located on east side of the island, a short walk up and over the road will get you to shops, restaurants, clubs and the beautiful sunsets.

Georgia and her family cold not have been any more hospitable. It was as if we were invited into their home everyday. The breakfast was very good. The rooms were very clean, the hammock was so inviting. We had a party of 6 traveling together and had drinks by the pool every night. I can't say enough about how great the staff was and how welcoming they were. They even pick you up from the airport and take you back when you leave.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

Stayed here in September with 5 friends. We had a wonderful time - the staff are so friendly and make you feel at home. It's the little things that make this hotel special - the lanterns lit each night by the pool, the clothes airer that each room has outside to dry wet towels and bathers & the free internet. The pool is great too and everything is very clean.

I was staying with two other friends in a room - the original room we had was a bit cramped with only a double & single bed. They moved us the next day without any fuss into a much larger room with 3 single beds. They even showed us the room first to make sure it would be ok.
Also offered free arrival & departure transfers which was a nice touch.
Thank you so much Georgia & family for making our trip to Santorini so memorable. Hope to be back soon.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

This hotel was absolutely amazing. It's a newer hotel and has all the amenities you need. It's quiet at night but close enough to walk by foot to any bars, restaurant, or dessert shops. The owners (husband and wife) made you feel at home right away. They help with anything even give their recommendations for food, which were great!

I would definitely recommend this place and will definitely come back!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

My wife and I, along with two other couples found this hotel on Trip Advisor... We were a little worried with computer recommendations, but we definately were amazed with the result.

Dream Island Hotel is an excellent hotel located in Fira. The hotel owners were amazing, helping us with anything we need and making us feel at home. The rooms were very spacious, very clean and the hotel property was very quiet at night.

The views from the hotel were very nice, however you are on the opposite of the Caldera, which i feel is over rated. If we were to return to Santorini, this would be our Top Choice.

During our stay in Santorini, we saw the hotels we were choosing between, and we were very very happy that we picked Dream Island. You Will Not be Disappointed.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Dream Island Hotel? Share your experiences!