“Very good experience overall.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Danay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fira
Villa Danay
You added Villa Danay to your Saves list
Fira, Fira 847 00 , Greece   |
Ranked #16 of 51 Specialty Lodging in Fira
Ooltewah, Tennessee
“Very good experience overall.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The place was very quaint. If you aren't planning a luxurious hotel stay and want a nice clean little place to stay at without having to worry about loud traffic or loud people in the middle of Fira, this is the place to be. The owner makes and hand delivered the meals to us every morning at a time of our convenience. The owner and all the staff were very friendly, and helpful at anytime we needed them. My absolute only negative comment would be the size of the showers (but I think that because I'm from America I've been spoiled because this was the case all over Europe for me). Other than the size of the shower (again, not exclusive to this hotel only) this hotel was an excellent place to stay at. Also, they had FREE WI-FI for the tech nerds out there who must have this on their travels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Really had a blast! Santorini is one of my best trip! Excellent place,breath taking views.one of the biggest factor is staying at Villa danay, great location (near caldera were you can find great scenery,shops for souvenir, Mama's house (cheap but excellent restaurant,best food, bus station (going to oia),, best host owner Ms. evi and her family accommodate us like we're a part of the family. Affordable accom with delicious,yummy and home made breakfast that we really enjoy!! we miss your breakfast ms. evi, as well as we miss you.Can't even fight back the tears when we have to leave the place.Thank you! You're the best! We'll definitely go back to santorini and will stay in your place. More power Villa Danay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed 4 nights at Villa Danae and I can honestly say that it has been the best of my accommodations in Greece. You could not find a better host than Evi. She really makes you feel part of the family and is an amazing herald of the Greek hospitality.
Homemade breakfasts will keep you wanting for more as everyday, you'll have a new homemade product. Over the course of my stay, I had a croissant, cheese puffs, pancakes with fresh strawberries, ...
The place is ideally located in Fira.
With my flip flops on, it took me 10 minutes to walk to the KTEL bus station where the buses to Oia, Akrotiri, Kamari (Ancient Thira), ... are.
I will try to come back as Santorini is an enchanting place and I will stay at Danae, making sure to recommend it to any of my friends who would come to stay in Santorini.
Thanks again for an amazing stay!

• Stayed April 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

The owner was really nice and we had a great stay! I went there with my parents and my younger brother and we stayed two nights. We got an apartment with two separate rooms and it was very large. Room was cleaned everyday. The owner was really nice and helpful! I would like to go back again next time. However, it is located 10 mins walk away from Fira town center and the walk was quite tiring for my parents. The toilet was a bit small and there was no one in the reception during afternoon (A clear instruction should be given on the reception door). Everything was great other than these few points.

Room Tip: They provide port/airport transfer, email them before arrival
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We were recommended the pension by a hotel owner in Perissa who also organised a pick up for us from the bus station when we arrived in Fira which worked perfectly. Also Mr Voula were kind enough to take us to the port the day after - both transfers free of charge. We got a nice girlie twin room with a balcony facing the garden and it was so nice and quiet after the hustle and bustle of the thousand of tourists in Fira town. The town is a 10 minute walk away up a fairly steep hill (just follow the signs to the camping ground) but the streets are well lit at night and it is easy to find. We enjoyed our quiet room as well as the breakfast which is cooked to order and served in the garden. This family clearly has green fingers since the garden (which also has a pool) has pots and plants of all sizes and shapes - great with a spot of green for the eyes! Oh, and we loved the toast with ham and cheese and the hot chocolate croissants for breakfast...:o) Overall good value for money in a quiet area with no traffic and few tourists.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Villa Danay is located 10 minutes walk down the hill from Fira - it is NOT central as advertised. When booking we were promised a studio apartment just a metres from Villa Danay. We were actually given a horrible little room with 5 minutes away and charged full price. The room was dirty, no hairdryer, shower poor, bathroom too dark. We had to walk back up the hill for breakfast each morning. Breakfast itself was also poor. I would not recommend staying here as you can find cheaper hotels in the centre of Fira.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011 via mobile

To start: call the hotel, you'll get a better deal than online. Decent price (about 60-65 euro a night per room). We were greeted warmly an the rooms are quaint on first site. Requires key card to turn on light and AC (don't forget card in room because they WILL take it, we were left without lights and AC overnight). Breakfast is not very good ( we were offered a barely decent ham and cheese grilled sandwich and a doughnut with pretty bad coffee. Not worth waking up for). The free wifi internet works only around pool area and even so is weak. After around 10pm (22:00) you will not be able to get any assistance so don't bother.

Logistics: good AC, no views (besides pool) and some distant mountains, private balconies, friendly family run establishment, decent treatment, very close to Fira center. Good on budget.

Disclosure: I am from NY and a bit picky.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Villa Danay? Share your experiences!