We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights recently. We ended up only having breakfast once (it was that bad in quality and always stocked out). The pictures dont do it justice, it's exaggerated. The rooms and accomodations feel thrown together and very cheap. It has no views at all (only the lobby).
The owner's son was very helpful and tried to help and he was by far the nicest person there. The owner was a different story, first thing we got to was to him flipping out at us, followed by another flip out because we wanted to rent a car from a company that was not linked to him. To the point that he almost threw us out because we wanted to check other rental competitors.
We had some friends staying at a different hotel, and when they arrived with us he was angry with us becuase they had accompanied us to the hotel. Would not recommend here unless you only plan on sleeping and getting out for breakfast and pool/beach time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated in 2011-12, Philippion boutique hotel is situated on the main street of Fira, just 250 meters from the city centre. This ideal position combines magnificent views of caldera and volcano with all major attractions. Offers comfortable and quiet rooms with unique design and all amenities, swimming pool, restaurant –bar and quality services from experienced staff 24 hours daily. Free arrival transfer and free high speed Wi-Fi are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Philippion Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Philippion Villas Hotel Fira
- Philippion Hotel Fira
- Philippion Boutique Hotel Santorini/Fira