The location of the hotel was about a 10 minute walk from the city centre, which isn't far, but the hotel is located down a side street, hence the pool area of the hotel looks out onto a work site. In other words, the views from the hotel left a lot to be desired.
We were very disappointed with our room upon arrival as the professional photos shown on the site are extremely misleading. The photos of the rooms are only the photos of the junior and superior suites i.e. the best rooms of the hotel. We were given a standard twin, which was awful! Very dark, cramped, hardly any wardrobe space, no drawers and a bathroom that was simply a tiled hole in the floor with a shower curtain, no shower cabin as shown in the suite photos. In one room there wasn't even a wardrobe just a hanger space sectioned off with a curtain!
When we complained we were offered a junior suite as long as we paid the difference, which we did. However, the hotel manager did give two of our friends (a married couple) a superior suite for no extra charge.
Breakfast at the hotel was also quite poor and very simple, though we weren't too bothered as we usually ate light in the mornings. But if you are someone who likes a hearty breakfast then this is not the place for you.
Nonetheless, regardless of the misleading photos of the rooms, the staff at Rena's were very friendly and very helpful and made the stay worth it. We were especially pleased with Christina, the hotel manager. She was very approachable and extremely helpful. No matter what the question, no matter how many times we needed her help and advice she was always ready to explain things in great detail and with a smile on her face. She is a lovely personality and has immense knowledge about the island and provided us with daily tour plans of where to go and how to get there. Christina is definitely the best thing about Rena's.
If like us, you are planning to use the hotel simply as a place to sleep, shower and change then no problem but I would recommend one of the suites. However, if you are looking for something more scenic, and are planning to spend a lot of time at the hotel then you should probably try something else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rena’s Suites is situated in Fira, the capital of Santorini Island. This affordable boutique hotel is in a central location, only a short stroll from the city’s amenities and services, while simultaneously located in a quiet area of Fira. The hotel’s central location is ideal for couples, seeking romantic walks through the cobblestone streets, for families needing to be near restaurants and transportation services as well as groups of friends looking for adventure in Fira’s infamous nightlife. Boutique Hotel in Fira, Santorini. Rena’s Suites, an affordable yet elegant boutique hotel in Fira prides itself in being family friendly, welcoming couples and groups of friends to experience Greek hospitality at its best. Our qualified and approachable staff is dedicated to making your stay on Santorini Island an unforgettable one. Simple Elegance, are the words used to best describe this newly renovated boutique hotel in Fira. Our amenities and services, among others include; a sea view pool, a pool lounge area, and pool bar. All rooms in Minimalist Cycladic island style, indulge in the comfort of these fully renovated rooms and suites in Fira. We welcome you to come and enjoy the tranquility and serenity by our sea view pool, graced with swaying palm trees and light sea breezes, making your journey to Greece a magical one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Rena's Rooms & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rena`s Villas ( Rodies Area) Hotel Fira
- Rena's Rooms & Suites Santorini/Fira