Stayed at Porto Fira Suites with as a couple and 2 young children. Here are my likes and dislikes
1. Good caldera view, but many hotels have that too
2. Tasteful deco and interesting cave like rooms
3. Good location in Fira, near the town and amenities around, minus the steps
1. Too many steps to climb, especially with 2 young children
2. Arranged for transfer from the ferry port. Charged us 35 euros, or 12 euros per person, but we had to share a bus with guests from other hotels. We had to wait for other groups of guests to disembark from the ferry before we can set off for hotel. In the end, the bus only drop us at a main road, we had to wait in the hot sun for the staff from Porto Fira to come get us, walk up a steep slope and then down a long winding series of steps to the hotel. All these for 35 euros transfer service!
3. We booked a Deluxe Suite, highest room category in the hotel. however, after looking at the rest of the rooms, we realized there was not much difference between the Deluxe and Grande ( 2 nd category room) suites but they charged about 100 euros more for Deluxe!!
4. The furniture and rugs in the room looked very tired, cleanliness if just not acceptable for a 375 euros per night suite!
5. The dampness in the suite is just not comfortable. The ceiling paint was flaking off. We wake up to find flaking paint on our luggages. We complained to the front desk, they say it is like that. They monitor the dampness all the time and paint the walls once every week. Gave us a lot of excuse and reasons, not a word of apology. This was in Room 14.
6. We asked to change room the next day, they changed us to a suite with. Double Bed with 1 sofa bed, Room 21. I remember Very clearly and after that double checked again on the hotel website. Description for Deluxe Suite is double bed with 2 sofa beds, at 30sqm. This definitely does not fit the Room 21 we have now. We questioned the manager then he claimed ours indeed a Deluxe Suite. I seriously think they pass off a Grande Suite as a Deluxe and charge us for Deluxe Suite!
7. Pool is miserable size.
8. The so called private terraces for the rooms, many of then are not private as you have people walking pass them.
9. Free wireless internet is equal to no Internet, very bad reception, almost could not use all the time
Overall, I think i would look elsewhere with 375 euro a night. This hotel is definitely not value for money. If anything, you are paying mainly for the wonderful views, that's all.
Ask for Room 23,Deluxe Suite shown in Booking.co
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.