My husband and I ate at Character our first night in Santorini and there was no doubt we needed to go back again! The uninterrupted view of the caldera paired with friendly staff and excellent service make the atmosphere just perfect! The decor and colours are very inviting and the cleanliness of everything including the washrooms was exceptional. That's just the beginning! The food is absolutely delicious! We ate there FIVE times during our stay and were able to enjoy dishes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and a fair share of drinks and cocktails. The menu has all the classic greek cuisine with a modern twist. It is evident that time was spent coming up with dishes that incorporate the perfect blend of herbs, spices and fresh ingredients to create such mouthwatering flavour! So which dishes made us love our experience at Character?
- feta with the sesame crust
- fava cream
We tried these dishes at other restaurants during our trip but the unique flavours at Character make their appetizers the best in Santorini by far!
- Nest of parmesan cheese (the crust of cheese under the salad is sooo good!)
- Greek salad (the presentation and the flavours are amazing and the Santorini cheese is a nice touch in comparison to the traditional Greek salad)
- Barley Rusks (also known as Dakos...probably my favourite salad! Make sure you eat the stamnagathi too!)
- Shrimp Risotto was heavenly! It was moist and had such rich flavour
- Squid ( so fresh and nice for lunch or dinner)
- Octopus in ladokola (the caramelized shallots make this dish!)
From the Grill
- The Greek Souvlaki (the presentation and unique ingredients offer a nice spin on traditional souvlaki)
Dessert - All I can say is mmmmmmmmmmm
- crumbled mille-feuille
- lemon tart
All the desserts are so fresh and the best part is that they are the perfect amount of sweet for you to finish every last piece :)
We tried Delphi beer here for the first time and it was amazing!
We also loved the Mojiou (a unique twist on a mojito with masticha)
The Sangria was amazing! The fruit was so fresh and flavourful, the wine was delicious and the presentation was awesome! There is also a nice hint of cognac that makes the drink!
Hopefully this gets your mouth watering and convinces you to definitely eat at Character! I added a few photos from our meals. Make sure you try it on your first day because you will definitely want to go back!
If you own or manage Character Restaurant & Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.