“HEAVEN ON EARTH!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto
“HEAVEN ON EARTH!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I don't think any photos or words can describe the beauty and tranquility of the Cosmopolitan Suites in Santorini. I have looked at all the photos already posted and mine are exactly the same so I will not post any more. With Santorini being our first stop on our honeymoon (aside from landing in Athens and spending a night), I knew booking the Cosmopolitan would be something special. But I honestly had NO idea just HOW special. The magic started even before stepping foot on the property. I had called the hotel from Athens to enquire about transportation from the airport. I had arranged a private ride, thinking a Mercedes or just an ordinary luxury sedan would show up. This is the Cosmopolitan we're talking about...nothing is just ordinary! The driver was waiting inside the airport with my name on a sign and then escorted us to MINI BUS…. WOW! At first, I was confused, and had mentioned to the driver that we had booked a private ride. He nodded, agreed and said it's just us two. Welcome aboard! I knew we were in for an even bigger treat waiting for us at the hotel. My intuition did not disappoint! After our mini hike up the cobblestone hill, passing a few shops, we turned the corner and poof...I was at heaven's gates! There was the Cosmopolitan Suites. Staring straight into it, I see a gleam of white (could be heaven! But more just the white stucco). And beyond, is an unobstructed view of the Aegean Sea. Spectacular! I took a few breaths and pinched myself to check that this was reality! I hate calling it a hotel, as it is very small (10 rooms total) and very personalized. (Just an FYI: The Cosmopolitan hotel is part of a company of hotels called “Small Luxury Hotels”. The Windsor Arms in Toronto is affiliated, as well as One Bal Harbour in Miami Beach). We were greeted by Vassilis, the guest relations manager. (I think! I'm still not quite sure of everyone's titles). He immediately presented us with champagne and invited us to sit and talk about the island. I don't think I heard half of what he was saying. (No, not from the champagne!) But more from the views that I was staring out to: The cascading cliffs. the Aegean Sea and the serene beauty of the Cosmopolitan itself. I was staring at the infinity pool counting down the minutes until it would be my turn to feel as if I'm swimming over the edge! Vassilis pulled out a map of the island and showed where we were, as well as pointing out some of his favourite restaurants. Then the best...he slaps down a cell phone and calls it ours! It was for us to use at any time while we were on the island. We can call to make last minute reservations if we wanted. Or if we got lost. Or if we were at a restaurant and the food or service was bad, he insisted we called and promised to take care of everything. Incredible. I knew this was a luxury 'hotel' but they went above and beyond. Made us feel like true VIP's! Then he showed us our room. He had taken the liberty of reserving a room with a private balcony (as opposed to some other rooms that walk out to the pool area). I knew there was so much to discover about Santorini, but I could have also just hibernated on the balcony staring out to the city and the sea! We had a front row view of some of the cruise ships that arrived each morning. The best part was climbing up and down the small narrow spiral staircase. (sort of felt like a kid in a treehouse, or a sailor onboard a small ship! But it was perfect and we weren’t going to change!) We enjoyed our breakfast each morning overlooking the sea. (In other postings, some people complained about the breakfast. It really was enough. Included with breakfast was some Greek yogurt and feta with fruit...it was perfect!) And despite being a small property, it wasn’t necessarily ‘snooty’ as some may think. We ended up chatting with and becoming friendly with another couple on holiday from Australia. (P&K, if you happen to discover this posting…happy 30th Anniversary again!), as well as another couple. (also Australian!) I wouldn't say we spent any more Euros here than we did at some other hotels...and the level of service was far superior to anything we could have imagined. I apologize for the length of this posting, but I really wanted to say as much as I could about the Cosmopolitan. And also to give an honourable mention to some of the other staff: Vasso (Thanks for all you help and advice!), Jimys, Gregory, Irini, Larisa, Michal. Everyone worked hard to give us that personal attention and ensure our stay was beyond perfect and relaxing. So if you were like me a few months ago, searching Tripadvisor for that PERFECT hotel in Santorini…STOP right here! You have found heaven on earth…also known as THE COSMOPOLITAN SUITES! We can't wait to come back and experience it all over again! Yiamas (Cheers!) A&R

Room Tip: Ask to reserve the room with the private balcony. (It's worth the adventure down the narrow spi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We found this place last minute as another one of our hotels fell through and were SO happy we did! This place was absolutely GORGEOUS! The staff was so helpful and friendly. They are around 24/7 for anything you may need and even have an all night food menu! The view and infinity pool is the most beautiful thing you will ever see! The room was perfect and they cleaned them twice a day! The staff was able to reccommend some great excursions and helped us book everything! The hotel is right near a bunch of nice restaurants, bars and shops. We had an amazing time here and would reccommend this place to anyone!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We are from Canada and we were at the hotel in May this year. Every single staff is extremely nice and helpful. They will give you a cellphone and you can call them whenever you need.

I brought my wedding dresses there for photos and I had the hotel to dry clean. But maybe it's because of communication issues, some reason they only steam it for me. So I was very worried because we only had a day left and I was worried that we do not have time to get this done. But the lovely lady in the hotel, she ended up fixing it for us and delivery the dresses to us on time. We were so impressed and thankful!

The location is also very good. The view is amazing. Although I have to say that the breakfast isn't very tasty. Our experience with the hotel is amazing!Highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Vasso (the hotel manager) and her staff were just great with me and my husband. The hotel is just steps away from the Fira city center, which is the best place to stay in Santorini not only because of the most perfect volcano view from the great pool, but specially because of the city center which is really nice, with great shops, restaurants, etc. I`ve recommended the hotel to a few friends who just went back from there last month and loved the place! It worths every penny and I can't wait to go back. I was on my honeymoon and I must say that it was even more perfect because os this hotel! Thank you Vasso, thank you Cosmopolitan!!

Room Tip: All rooms have great view from the pool and the sea!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

The view is exquisite, the pool is stunning, and the location is fantastic being very central & not too many stairs to climb.
My wife & I just spent 5 nights in this wonderful hotel.Our first impression when we arrived was "this is too perfect to be true". Then we met Vasilli the manager & Vasso his assistant. These two people could not do enough to make our stay at the hotel a memorable occassion, from recommending and organising excursions, to their recommendation of restaurants. On every occassion we had a great time. At breakfast our host Grigori was perfect in his prepartion of our start to the day. I will remember his jumbo greek coffee for a long time. To Vasilli, Vasso, & Grigori, thank you very much for a memorable & fantastic stay

Room Tip: The rooms above the pool have an excellent outlook
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

It honestly has the best view and pool in Fira, Santorini!
Not to mention the staff who were extremely helpful and friendly. Service was EXCELLENT!

We booked this boutique hotel for our honeymoon, and we loved the privacy and size of the SLH which only has 10 rooms. Unfortunately, there was a hiccup with the bookings, but every step was handled with great service and care. So we were very happy with the arrangements at the end.

Sunset cocktail time was the most memorable, and we loved the chitchatting with the managers and guests staying at the Cosmopolitan!

We will definitely come back for our 25th anniversary, just like the OZ couple we met by the pool :)

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for 2 days and it was delightful. The view is amazing, simply exquisite. I found the staff to be helpful and very nice. Our room was a bit small but still charming. The food at the cafe was very good as well. It was in a great location, you can walk to everything.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Cosmopolitan Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!