“Thank you for the happy memories!” 5 of 5 stars

Archontiko Santorini
Agiou Mina Street, Fira 84700, Greece   |
Ranked #5 of 54 Specialty Lodging in Fira
Melbourne, Australia
“Thank you for the happy memories!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Archontiko apartments is located in an absolute magic spot with stunning views all around. It was easy to find as the neighbouring Agios Minas chapel is a clear landmark to spot from the main street. We stayed at Archontiko when we got married at the Metropolis cathedral. Vasilis and his family made our celebrations extra special with beautiful decorations and champagne. We cannot thank them enough for their warm hospitality, accommodating our family celebrations on the patio.
The apartments were very clean, beautifully decorated. It was a very comfortable stay, we can't wait to return.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
NSW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Archontiko Apartments (AA) comprises only 3 apartments on the cliff rim just outside the main tourist area of Santorini. The location is great not only because it provides a wonderful view but it is also quiet. Yet it is only 10 minutes walk to all the activity.

Finding AA is no easy task. The company’s website simply says ‘Fira’, which is not very helpful. The streets/pathways do not have name signs (or very few) or numbers so even a street address is not much assistance. Google ‘maps’ provides some guidance. I emailed AA’s website for directions but received no reply, which was disappointing. Finally, after arriving at the bus station and then roaming Fira’s streets for some time (having left my wife and bags at the bus station) and asking a number of shopkeepers, I eventually found it. To perhaps assist others, the easiest way to locate it is to find your way to the front of the Catholic Cathedral –it’s a landmark so anyone can show you the way. In front of the Cathedral (i.e. looking out over the caldera) are stairs leading down the cliff face. Keep going until you reach the bottom of the stairs then turn right. There, about 5 metres along on your right hand side, is the entrance to AA (opposite Hotel Keti). To find the Cathedral from the bus station walk straight up the hill outside the bus station entrance and keep going. Easy!

The apartment my wife and I stayed in for 3 nights was very clean, modern, and nicely decorated. It was split level, with the bedroom upstairs in a small semi-circular room with an air conditioner. The stairs leading up to the bedroom were quite steep and narrow and thus the accommodation may not be suitable for some people, especially as the toilet is downstairs. Also downstairs was the living area which included air conditioning, a couch, a large square-shaped coffee table, two wooden chairs, an electric jug and a small refrigerator. Adjacent to the living area was a clean, modern, good sized bathroom with basic toiletries supplied.

The apartment also came with a safe and complimentary wifi.

A simple but adequate breakfast was available for a modest cost of 5 euros per person – boiled egg, toast, slices of ham with processed cheddar cheese slices (yuk!), croissant with chocolate sauce, piece of plain cake, jam, tea or coffee. Unfortunately it was the same each day and a bit of variety would have been welcomed (such as a greek salad one day instead of the croissant, cake and the 'plastic' cheese).

But overall we were very happy with our stay. I thought the accommodation was fairly priced given its features and therefore very worthy of a rating of 5. I strongly recommend you consider AA.

Paarl, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The apartment is spacious, beautifully decorated with all the comforts you long for when on holiday. The view is magical! The apartment is extremely well priced and will surpass even your wildest expectations. But the heart and soul of the hotel is the owners. You see the love and commitment in all the small touches that distinguishes this hotel from the rest. Do yourself a favor and take up the offer for the breakfast. Best value for money in Fira, and an absolute treat. We will definitely return to Archontiko on our next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

When I was searching for a place to stay in Santorini 6 months ago I happened to come across Archontiko Apartments in Fira. I then decided to book with this place because of the great review it has. I always do my research for some time before deciding where to stay at every travel destination that I go to. Once I booked my hotel I had a special request for the hotel upon my arrival since I was going on a pre-honeymoon. During the 6 months of waiting to go to Santorini, I have contacted the hotel a few times and each time the owner responded very promptly! This was very important to me.
We arrived 3hrs before check-in time on June 30th, and the owner let us leave the luggages with them while we go have some lunch. Once we finished lunch, our room was ready. We went into the room and it felt very much at home and was decorated to my request. The owner also provided us with a bottle of red wine. The room was very clean, very modern, and has an amazing view of the Eegean sea.
We stayed there for 3 nights, and we also included breakfast in our room price. The first day, they made us boiled egg, and I wanted sunny side up eggs on the 2nd day. Even though, they already made boiled egg, the owner's wife still went out of her way to make me sunny side up eggs. They accommodated all our requests and every day asked us if we needed anything and how is the room.
Our whole stay was amazing and very pleasant without any problems. The services provided to us made us feel like we are in a 5 stars hotel. Even though I have stayed in 5 stars hotel in the past, I did not even received this type of services. The view is very beautiful from the room. You can also see the amazing sunset every single day. We love every minute of our stay there. We wished we could stay longer and will definitely come back and stay at this same place next time. If you are looking for a romantic getaway, this will not disappoint at all!

Karlsruhe, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The appartment is very clean and new. Good location, about 10 minutes walk to the bus station of Fira. Everyday, we enjoyed the beautiful sea view directly from our own window. It's a fantastic appartment. Ready to book it again next year!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We came across Archontiko Apartments purely by chance when we were looking for a hotel for a one-night stopover in Santorini. What made me book it were the pictures that seemed to offer an infinitely higher standard of accommodation than any other place in a similar price bracket. And oh my, we weren't to be disappointed!! The view is BREATHTAKING! The rooms and terrace overlook the caldera and offer stunning views on Fira. On arrival we were greeted by Vassilis, the owner, and his lovely wife who had kindly upgraded us to the beautiful 'Santorini' apartment, which is pure heaven! The standard of accommodation is second to none and you would struggle to find anything similar - and in similar location - for twice or three times the money. My partner and I travel the world a great deal, both professionally as well as for pleasure, and have got very high standards when it comes to hotels, but this really ticks all the boxes. It is a great property in fantastic location, but what makes this place outstanding are the owners who couldn't be more welcoming and so obviously pour their heart and soul into the place. Book it now!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The Archontiko Apartments are Santorinis best kept secret!

Wonderfully appointed cliff-side apartment studios, very clean, very nicely presented & wonderful hosts. My stay in Santorini was made perfect by pleasant hosts who were very helpful & generous - I was even given some home made fritters & salad on my arrival for lunch! Not to mention spectacular views of Santorinis famous port & harbour.

If you want to stay somewhere which feels like it could be home & fall in love with Santorini then you must stay here!

Room Tip: All the apartments are fantastic!