We had'nt planned to stay at the Volcano View Villas having booked the Mason Suite at the sister hotel Petit Mason. On checking in, we were offered the Inolathi Villa instead. We stayed for 5 days, having stayed at the Anatasis Appartments (see my review also) for 5 already. The manager overheard the fact that we had already been on the island for 5 days and wanted to offer us a different experience.
The Villas are looked after by Niko and what an asset he is to the complex. Very attentive and obliging. He helped us see parts of the island we hadnt seen previously and ferried us around to town and resturants in the evening.
The Villa was very luxurious, on two floors, with our own pool. The views are stunning, looking over the Caldera and of course, the volcano. The experience was superb and highly recommended. So why not 5 stars. Well its the attention to detail really.
Breakfast is taken at the main hotel. This isnt anything special. Service was pretty poor as well with us having to ask staff for plates (as they had run out) two days on the trot. The Villa also is looking a bit tired (the shower screen fell off the runners every time we used it) and lots of items were missing when we checked in. Towels, cuttlery, corkscrew, towelling robes etc. They gradually appeared as we asked over the next few days though. Furniture quality is excellent and is ar from tired. The pool is also unheated and despite days of sunshine at 20-25 degrees, it was unusable.
That said, it was a wonderful experience and we were grateful for the opportunity to experience how the other half live.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celestia Grand Executive Villas (ex- Volcano View VIP Villas) are under New Management! We welcome you to discover Celestia Grand from our Trip Advisor page and by visiting us in person on beautiful Santorini Island in Greece. Celestia Grand consists of 6 independent luxury villas with private pools. The spacious and private villas are nested atop and on the edge of the Caldera cliffs with stunning views of the Aegean and the famous Santorini sunset. The service in world renowned -- friendly and unimposing. The villa complex is just 1.8 KM south of Fira town in a peaceful location but still close to shopping and entertainment. Each concierge villa offers a furnished and spacious cliff-side terrace with magical views, private pool, hydro massage tubs, AC, computer and wifi. The villas are perfect for families, honeymooners, persons seeking anonymity and privacy, executives, and other VIPs seeking peace and personal service in a stunning setting. Choose from either one bedroom or two bedroom villas with breakfast included and served to the villa (Winter self catering packages do not include breakfast) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Prestigia and Tingo so you can book your Celestia Grand Executive Villas Santorini reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano View Villas Hotel Fira
- Celestia Grand Executive Villas Santorini Fira