“PERFECT” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Irini Studios & Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fira
Villa Irini Studios & Apartments
You added Villa Irini Studios & Apartments to your Saves list
Santa Irini-Ftelos | Fira-Pyrgos Road, Fira 84700, Greece   |
Ranked #6 of 51 Specialty Lodging in Fira
4.5 of 5 stars 99 Reviews
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“PERFECT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

had the most amazing stay at this hotel and the owners could not have been more helpful and friendly!! The view was perfect and so were our rooms!! great value for money........will be back soon...............

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

This is the most magnificent place to stay for the view alone! Absolutely breathtaking! A little out of town but there is a bus right outside and it only costs a few Euro into Fira. There is a bakery, Mexican restaurant and small supermarket all very close. Staff are more than helpful and room was very clean. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to stay in Santorini.

• Stayed September 2012
Malmo, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

It had been many years since I was last in Greece, but Santorini was one destination I had missed out on. Having arranged a reunion with great friends, I knew this trip was going to be special, so I wanted to find a unique place that could not only offer me the fantastic views of the Caldera, somewhere that was a little quieter than downtown Fira and of course within my budget. I did my research on the net and I can say it sure paid off. Villa Irini is nestled on the cliffs on the southern side of Fira a short distance from the ferry port. The pictures on there website do not do justice to the shear beauty this place has to offer. From the moment I arrived I was made to feel most welcome by the family who run the Villa , and in particular Irini herself. My apartment was nothing short of spectacular. Complete with a good sized bathroom and shower, it also came with a kitchenette, cooker, fridge, air conditioning, free wi-fi, a comfy bed and the best of all, my own private patio with a view to simply take your breath away. Although Villa Irini do not serve breakfast, I was pleasantly surprise that at a early morning swim, I was asked if I would like an ice cold coffee frappe and cake. The staff were all extremely friendly and always there to help out in any way they could.To put it simply, I felt very at home here and it was a very nice feeling indeed. My apartment was cleaned top to bottom each morning with fresh towels and linen provided. Although at the southern part of Fira, it got me away from the noise and hustle of down town and provided a far better and serene environment. Depending on your choice of transport, it's a short 6 or 7 minute drive into town or if you are up for the walk like I did several times...takes about 30 minutes. Right across the road from the Villa is probably one the best bakery's I have been to in a longtime. If you like pastries, biscuits and bread, then this place will have you drooling within seconds of walking in. There is a Lidl supermarket and several others all within easy walking distance, which made shopping very convenient. Two of my friends stayed in a very up market hotel in Fira Town at around 250 euros a night and my other friend was staying a nearby hotel for the same price as mine. When they came to visit one afternoon, they all gave the thumbs up to me and thought my place was by far the best. Walking out onto the patio each time and sitting back taking in the majestic scenery was something I will never forget. Having traveled extensively throughout the world, I would rate my stay at Villa Irini as one the best holidays ever. The owners are clearly proud of there hotel and it shows in there warmth and dedication to there customers. We plan on going back to Santorini next summer again and have no doubt at all as to where we would love to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My fiancé and I stayed here for 4 nights in July, having booked online directly with Irini. We were met by her dad (he’s lovely, although doesn’t speak much English), who showed us to our studio. We had number 8, which (in my opinion) was one of the best. It was a massive terrace, which is shown in a lot of the promotional photos for Villa Irini. The views over the caldera are gorgeous, and it was an ideal spot for watching sunset. There’s a table, chairs and parasol out there, as well as 2 benches/outdoor sofas. There’s also a little washing line, which is handy for drying towels or swimwear.

Inside, the studio was huge, and typical Santorini cave style. There’s a little lounge area with a sofa, a table and chairs for eating and a small kitchen area with a fridge, toastie maker and a couple of hobs. We had a welcome basket of food, which included milk, juice, bread, cheese, ham and cake. The bed was comfy enough, and the bathroom was fine, although the shower is handheld, rather than attached to the wall.

The pool was fantastic. Really big and not too cold. There’s a terrace with lots of sun loungers – the whole time we were there we hardly ever saw anyone else, so we always got first pick of where we wanted to sit. There are great sea views from the loungers at the front. The parasols are quite thin – I sat under one the whole time and still got a tan through it!

Fira is about 25 minutes’ walk away along a busy-ish road. There’s a bus stop right outside where you can catch buses to Fira and Perissa/Kamari. There’s a Lidl supermarket about 10 minutes’ walk away, and a lovely bakery just across the road (they did the most amazing baklava!). Irini (or someone in her family) will pick you up/drop you off at the airport for free, which is a great help.

Overall we had a fantastic stay at Villa Irini and would definitely recommend it. It was about half the price of other hotels along the caldera edge (we paid 80euros a night), and in exchange for being a little way from the town centre you can massive rooms, a lovely, big pool and a friendly welcome from Irini and her family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here for 2 weeks end of May/ Beginning of June. As soon as we pulled up and saw the magnificent views i knew we were going to have a good stay. Irini and her Dad couldn't do enough for us, the rooms were cleaned (thoroughly) every day and were lovely and cool so didnt even need the airconditioning . The pool was lovely, and quiet and the bakery across the road fantastic.Most days we were happy to stay and drink in that view.....and explore at night. The sunset was amazing from our balcony ..a view you would spend a lot of money for in a restaurant in Oia or Fira ..and we had it for free all day
Usually after 2 weeks we're ready to come home but could have easily stayed here...loved it that much we're going back for a week in September

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Hands down the best views of any hotel I've ever been to. The rooms are carved in the rock (or at least they look that way), they are very spacious and they come with a kitchenette! The pool is great and the staff extremely friendly and attentive. All rooms come with a balcony of sorts. You can walk to town (Fira) in about 30 mins if you don't have a car. A great value for money. I would stay there again, no doubt.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

You won’t be sorry if you stay here. The view is perfect, the pool is excellent and the room is spacious and modern (considering it is cave style). We wish we could have stayed here for longer. The only downside is that the location is slightly far away from the nearest town (Fira), but we had a car, so this was not an issue. Also, there is a mini market and a restaurant nearby, so you could potentially get away without a car for a few days). Thanks Irini and family

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Irini Studios & Apartments? Share your experiences!