“Good food and value.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good food and value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The restaurant is tucked away on the Main alley parallel to the square. The restaurant fills up fast and a queue soon forms.

The food was good, reasonably priced and service was excellent and the staff are very friendly. The menu is the usual standard Greek affair.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
“The best in Fira”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Nikolas tavern is the best restaurant I've been in Santorini. The place was full and there was a queue, although we waited for just some minutes before seating. We were firstly amazed by the staff. The waiter (maybe the owner) could speak fluently Italian, so he explained in details the courses we chose. We had a roast lamb with potatoes and meat balls in tomato sauce with rice. Both of them were delicious. Quick service. Very good price, 22€ for everything. After all, at the end you understand why there's a witing line even in October!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Shocked and Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We we were recommended to this hotel, but end up upset without eating there. When I reach the door, the reception staff saw me with a ice cream on hand and said to me to finish outside before coming in!? Ok, if it is your operation code of the restaurant, I respect. Then my parents with my baby arrived at the door, the staff ask me again, pointing my daughter: is this yours? I said Yes. And he say, ok now, we are closed, please come back in one and half hour at 6:30pm! I was like ???!!! ...... There was 3 or 4 tables with customers in side, I was asking: how about the people inside there if you are closed... He said, they( the customers) will stay here. I didin't say anything and left.

I am so shocked and upset, this is the First Time In My Life to be treated like THIS in a restaurant!! Is this a anti-kids restaurant, or anti-ice cream restaurant??

So many good comment and recommendation online and offline, are you getting arrogant?

Anyhow, may I am bad luck and the staff has a bad mood, but I am not happy with this one at all!!

Leeds
“Food highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a traditional no frills place. However, the food is tasty,authentic and really well priced.
Service is quick (sometimes a little too quick between starters and mains) but its a small place with no outside seating and always a queue we didnt want to eat anywhere else in Fira this is the best, staff helpful and even tell you if they think you are ordering too much. Local wine reasonable. No coffee served but you can linger at one of the many coffee places with a Caldera view. Loved it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
“Quaint Traditional Greek Taverna”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I like to try small family run restaurants when away and this seemed to fit the bill. It's not posh so don't / we didn't expect too much. We were greeted and seated quickly. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food came very quickly. The starters (eggroe salad and spicy cheese) were simple but tasty. The mains came fairly soon after, my Veal Stifado was simple but perfectly cooked and tasty. I had baklava for desert which was probably the best I've had! The only thing that let the dinner down was the local house wine, which may be a personal taste but wasn't as good as previous local wines. Although not the best, a very good place to try for a great value, nice traditional meal at under 50 Euros.