“Shocked and Disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
“Shocked and Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We we were recommended to this hotel, but end up upset without eating there. When I reach the door, the reception staff saw me with a ice cream on hand and said to me to finish outside before coming in!? Ok, if it is your operation code of the restaurant, I respect. Then my parents with my baby arrived at the door, the staff ask me again, pointing my daughter: is this yours? I said Yes. And he say, ok now, we are closed, please come back in one and half hour at 6:30pm! I was like ???!!! ...... There was 3 or 4 tables with customers in side, I was asking: how about the people inside there if you are closed... He said, they( the customers) will stay here. I didin't say anything and left.

I am so shocked and upset, this is the First Time In My Life to be treated like THIS in a restaurant!! Is this a anti-kids restaurant, or anti-ice cream restaurant??

So many good comment and recommendation online and offline, are you getting arrogant?

Anyhow, may I am bad luck and the staff has a bad mood, but I am not happy with this one at all!!

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Leeds
“Food highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a traditional no frills place. However, the food is tasty,authentic and really well priced.
Service is quick (sometimes a little too quick between starters and mains) but its a small place with no outside seating and always a queue we didnt want to eat anywhere else in Fira this is the best, staff helpful and even tell you if they think you are ordering too much. Local wine reasonable. No coffee served but you can linger at one of the many coffee places with a Caldera view. Loved it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
“Quaint Traditional Greek Taverna”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I like to try small family run restaurants when away and this seemed to fit the bill. It's not posh so don't / we didn't expect too much. We were greeted and seated quickly. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food came very quickly. The starters (eggroe salad and spicy cheese) were simple but tasty. The mains came fairly soon after, my Veal Stifado was simple but perfectly cooked and tasty. I had baklava for desert which was probably the best I've had! The only thing that let the dinner down was the local house wine, which may be a personal taste but wasn't as good as previous local wines. Although not the best, a very good place to try for a great value, nice traditional meal at under 50 Euros.

Eton, United Kingdom
“Classic Greek taverna”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We'd been recommended to go to nikolas's by some friends and we actually stumbled across it whilst in fira. Ive been to Greece over 20 times and this is a classic Greek taverna, nothing fancy, just good Greek food. Very well priced, we paid half what we'd paid anywhere else on the island. Nice friendly staff too. Wouldn't hesitate to go again.

Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“Locals send you here that says it all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Friendly effective services, no flare but after you go to other restaurants you want to come back. It does not have outdoor sitting, if it had there would be lines and lines to come in, anyway, there is always a line. The staff is correct, friendly, they have been there for ages, they really care about their concept. For lunch is great, I loved their tzatziki, it was the best I have ever tried. We didn't want to go for dinner because there it goes kind of fast and we wanted to have dinner relaxed. But after trying endless restaurants with outdoor space and being disappointed, one night we decided to try it for dinner and it was great. We waited until the last shift and they were not so busy (still full but no more people waiting outside). It was fabulous, great food, nice wines and they paid us a lot of attention. I did not care about the view, anyway when you go for dinner it is dark and you don't see the caldera or anything. It is nicer to be in cosy Nikolas. It is totally a must in Fira.

• Visited August 2013