We stayed at this hotel just recently with my cousin - 20-22 July 2009. The whole stay was a "SURPRISE' to say the least. I will summarize to make it easier.
1) When you inquire if the hotel is near the city center, you are given the answer "yes only 5 minutes." Nobody tells you there is a steep walk of up to 80 steps- depending on your room number. So if you have problems with your knees or have asthma, you are going to have major problems.
2) The hotel is full of cats. About 8 to be precise. They are there are the time - when you are served breakfast, when you sit on your terrace to sunbathe,......
3) Victoria at the Reception is a nice lady. However the young student Michaeli is absolutely the best. We had check out at 05.00 and as the Reception closes at 00.00 midnight, we were to carry to big suitcases on our own. Up 80 steps then up another 10 big steps to reach the pick up spot for the airport transfer. My cousin and I panicked. However Michaeli offered to come at the early hour even though he would be off his shift at 00.00. He came and carried our suitcases and waited for the shuttle bus. Such a wonderful young man.
4) The hotel breakfast consisted of orange juice, toasted bread, jam, butter, 1 boiled egg, corn flakes, coffee. For a nightly rate of 210 EUROS, it was not sufficient.
5) The bath towels provided were old. There was a feel of lack of hygiene.
6) We needed two beds. The extra bed provided was of "0" class. I could not sleep for either night. Just awful. Should not be used in a hotel or anywhere. I do not recommend this extra bed to anyone. If you need an extra bed, just cancel the reservation. Look elsewhere.
7) There is an "old" smell in the room.
8) The aircondition works wonderfully.
9) The shower and toilet are very uncomfortable. No shower curtain. Water goes all over the bathroom which was very very small.
Would I recommend this hotel ? View wise yes. Otherwise no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Armeni Villas offering an unlimited view of the Caldera and the deep Aegean blue. They features large bedrooms and comfortable living rooms that is ideal for romantic moments surrounded by the magical aura of Santorini. Bathrooms are equipped with a hydro-massage-bathtub. A fully equipped kitchen is set to meet your catering needs. The villas are fully equipped with individually controlled air conditioning and heating, safety box, satellite TV, DVD, mini-bar, kettle with free tea/coffee, hair dryer, internet access, bathrobes, slippers and luxury toiletries. The Villas offers a large terrace with a private jacuzzi overlooking the volcanic caldera and the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Armeni Village Rooms & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armeni Village Oia
- Armeni Village Rooms & Suites Santorini/Oia, Greece