“Exceeded all expectations!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Oia
Vancouver, Canada
“Exceeded all expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I travel extensively internationally and found myself with an off week in southern Europe. Rather than return to Canada for a quick turnaround, I booked a room at Aris Caves and my wife flew in to join me for the week. We loved the location and our room. Christina and her staff were wonderful and made the experience very special for both of us. Christina made us feel completely at home and kindly arranged transfers, restaurants, boat tour and car rental. We will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Could not believe my eyes! This place is beyond beautiful. Christina was the perfect host and introduced us to Greek yogurt with honey..so good. The view from the balcony is gorgeous and its only a short walk into town.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

My wife and I had a wonderful 3 night stay at Aris Caves. We found it to be a perfect base to enjoy Santorini. Well located, nicely furnished and functional rooms, great host and of course a beautiful view.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Christina-Papafili, Owner at Aris Caves, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Raymond,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinion about Aris Caves!!!

It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you consider visiting us again in the future!

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My last minute, five-night stay at Aris Caves was nothing short of spectacular. Christina (owner) followed-up with a detailed e-mail and arranged for a driver to collect me at the airport. Upon arrival, she showed me my room (Folia-Nest), which was overlooking the ocean. It is a small studio with a bathroom and small kitchen, which a large balcony and a private pool, big enough for four people. The room is clean, bed is comfortable, and the kitchen stocked with everything you would need to prepare snacks. I would recommend this room to anyone, as it seemed to be one of the best (and most private). She is building another room a bit further down the cliff, which looks amazing--something to look into!

You can't beat the location, just a few steps from the main square and away from the tourist mess at sunset (although you'll have to deal with the hordes of people to see the sunset). Although it is close, it's relatively quiet. She gives you a list of local markets, bakeries, restaurants, etc. to try during your visit--all excellent. You can't go wrong!

The owner is very kind and accommodating.

I would recommend this to anyone looking to spend a few nights in Oia. I didn't ever want to leave the hotel!

Room Tip: Folia-Nest is the best room. It's private and has its own patio and pool.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I recently visited Oia on Santorini Island, Greece. While the weather didn't exactly cooperate, we still had a marvelous 4 days in Oia. Part of the success of the trip can be directly attributed to our stay at Aris Caves, and the owner, Christina, and her personal handling of our arrangements, and care and advice before and after our arrival.

If you are used to staying in 4 or 5 star hotels, which is our norm, then the "caves" at Aris Caves is a new experience. It was great to have our own cozy "cave", which had everything we needed for a new adventure. The view from our room was incredible, the hotel's terrace, as well as our personal small terrace, were nicely furnished with pretty plants. The outside space was immaculately clean, as was our room. Christina, the new owner of Aris Caves has thought of everything. The mattress, and the bed and bath linens were all of excellent quality. She also furnished all of the other things you expect in a fine hotel, hair dryer, ironing board, wi-fi in the room, etc. We also had a fully equipped kitchenette. Upon arrival, Christina had left a bottle of wine, milk and a cake in our room; very nice start to our visit.

The only word of caution is related to our 75 steps between our "cave" and street level. If you are physically fit, it is not a problem, but it is a climb. Wonderful experience, and Santorini is more beautfiul than either Kauai Hawaii, or Costa Rica in our opinion.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Christina-Papafili, Owner at Aris Caves, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Donna,

I can't thank you enough for your wonderful and detailed review!!! I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at Aris Caves and Santorini and I was more than happy to contribute to your special experience!

I hope you can visit us again in the future :-)

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Christina was such a great help and hostess! Our weather in April was not the best but the town of Oia where The Aris Caves are located was like living inside a postcard. Our room was pristine and cozy and perfect for myself and my 2 daughters. We loved feeling like one of the rich and famous, walking down the 97 steps to get to our "cave" apartment! The terrace is beautifully landscaped with flowers and colors flowing from everywhere. We were met with a gift of wine, bread, coffee and other little gifts to get us started. Cant wait to go back and visit again!!! 2 thumbs up!

Room Tip: Any and all the rooms are unique and comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Christina-Papafili, Owner at Aris Caves, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Eve,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinion about Aris Caves!!! It was lovely to meet you and your beautiful girls and I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us!

The weather did not help you do everything on the list but if you ever come back I would be delighted to meet you at Aris Caves again!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We chose Aris Caves for a family holiday and it was delightful! The fabulous location in Oia with the most brilliant views of the bluest sea. Not so many steps up to the main pedestrian walkway in Oia it is singularly well located.
The warm ,hospitable, caring owner Christina (her first season as owner!) is a delight and makes it an even better choice. From good advice on sightseeing and restaurants she is full of information on Oia and Santorini
The rooms are small but beautifully organised...the whole place was just refurbished so was new and sparkling.
Would go back without hesitation....

Room Tip: If you want to avoid more steps choose the rooms at the topmost level...they also tend to have the b...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Christina-Papafili, Owner at Aris Caves, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Shavak and family,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! I am very happy you enjoyed your stay at Aris Caves!

I hope your road leads you back to Aris Caves one day!

Christina

Been to Aris Caves? Share your experiences!