Returned last weekend from blissful 8 days at Aspaki's 'Endless Blue' suite, and feel like we have left paradise!
From the moment we arrived into Oia we were taken care of exceptionally well by the staff of Art Maisons. We arrived by pre-booked taxi transfer arranged by Art Maisons and met by Mark & Yiannis, who carried our heavy luggage for us to the apartment. It was getting a bit late and we were tired so Mark gave us a quick run through of where things were and how they work and let us know Sebastian would be over in the morning to help with anything we needed. Sebastian turned out to be a real treasure – he would be on site from 9-5 each day and on hand to provide anything we needed and to clean the apartment each day at a time that was convenient to us. It was also quite important to us to have internet access for business so when we mentioned to Sebastian in the morning we were having problems logging on, Daniella came over that morning to sort it out for us. Great service! Daniella also brought over a mobile phone with all the numbers programmed in so we could contact them all at no cost to ourselves. Restaurant recommendations/bookings/taxi and any advice we needed was just a phone call away. Sebastian was even kind enough to phone us one evening to let us know it looked like a good evening to catch the sunset.
In addition to the wonderful service, the apartment itself is very charming. It’s furnished with very tasteful and appropriate antiques which make it feel homely and authentic without feeling cluttered. And of course the feature with the biggest wow factor is the terrace, which is literally breathtaking. It was an effort to drag ourselves away from that view each day. Unfortunately because we were there so early in the season the weather wasn’t very kind at the beginning of our stay, so we had some very blustery days, where Sebastian took down the canopy to stop it taking off in the wind, but we had some wonderfully sunny days from May onwards. The loungers on the terrace are very comfortable!
The kitchen is well equipped and there are plenty of mini-markets and bakeries in the village to buy supplies and prepare your own meals if you don’t always want to eat out. We loved our yogurt & honey and Greek coffee on the terrace in the mornings. There is also a communal area on the terrace below with a barbeque if you feel like a spot of outdoor cooking. For entertainment there is satellite TV with a number of Greek channels with movies in English and you can pick up BBC world news when the weather is not playing up. There is mini HiFi system with CD and radio player but we travel with an iPod & dock so used that instead. Mobile phone signal is excellent and as mentioned you can pick up wifi all over the apartment. We did struggle a bit with the water pressure and temperature of the shower but probably felt it more because of the cold blustery weather. And remember to ask Sebastian about the knack to flushing the loo to avoid complications! And as mentioned before, the location cannot be beat. Right in the centre of the village with multiple shops & restaurants to the left and right. Again we were early in the season so some restaurants hadn’t yet opened, but we had plenty of good meals at Kastro, Skala, Papagalos, 1800, Andronis hotel and our personal favourite Ambrosia & Nectar, all a 5 minute walk away. And do try the local wines!
Finally, the experience which I think sums up the personal touch you get with the Art Maison team is that they must have picked up on the fact it was my birthday while I was there from my passport, because they organised a huge, very delicious chocolate birthday cake with candle, with lovely personal messages, and two lovely bunches of flowers. What a wonderful surprise! Other half almost got the credit till he confessed he forgot to tell them, so the fact they did it spontaneously I thought really very impressive!
Wouldn’t hesitate to return and are already looking into booking return visit now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Art Maisons Exclusive Boutique Hotels is composed of 2 Luxury Hotels: AspakiExclusive Suites and Oia Castle Luxury Suites.Due to its unique location on the cape of the Caldera, Aspaki Exclusive Hotel offers best panoramic views of the entire village and Volvano /Caldera in the most perfect setting ensuring ultimate privacy for our guests.Oia Castle Luxury Hotel is located on the Castle where the famous movie "Summer Lovers" was filmed. The Suites and Villas were combined with every modern-day luxury offering a direct sunset view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels Aspaki & Oia Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels: Aspaki & Oia Castle Hotel Oia
- Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels: Aspaki And Oia Castle
- Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels Aspaki & Oia Castle Greece