Everybody raves about the place, and you can quite see why.
We stayed in the Cave House, the best feature of which was its terrace, which we reckoned was the best of the lot with its size, views and (relative) seclusion. There was talk of a jacuzzi being built on this terrace, which would spoil it, but nothing certain.
About 100m away is their private pool - bit windy, but there are precious few of these in Oia, so enjoy.
OK, so the breakfasts do get a bit monotonous towards the end, but it's a minor point.
The owner, Kyriakos, is friendly & helpful (even when you get your departure time wrong!)
Don't even think of driving on Santorini unless you've got a death wish! Regular buses run into Fira from the square at the far end of the (original) village, but be prepared for the inevitable scrum to get on. Bonus is the supermarket on the square & the superb bakery just across the road from it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy your holidays at Golden Sunset Villas in one of the most picturesque Santorini hotels in Oia overlooking the marvellous Caldera and the sunset! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Golden Sunset Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sunset Villas Hotel Oia
- Golden Sunset Hotel
- Golden Sunset Villas Santorini/Oia, Greece