My girlfriend and myself stayed in this hotel as part of a week long trip to santorini. Having stayed the first half of the week in Fira the second half was going to be in Oia.
We decided that we would stay in Esperas has it was right on the cliff and the views were going to be amazing , and that is exactly what they turned out to be.
We got one of the traditional houses near the bottom of the hotel complex which meant that we got regular exercise up the numerous steps both in the hotel grounds as well as outside it, but thats what you ll get if you want to be on the cliffside.
The staff were very attentive and very freindly, this includes the owner who is always there and always seems to be wearing jeans... and i thought it was roasting wearing shorts.
The only thing that we didnt really enjoy however no fault of the hotel was the fact that our house was close to the steps that lead from the town to the bay... which is also the path used by the donkeys. That meant that during the day you could hear the donkeys going up and down (which we think is just cruel) the other thing was the breakfast, you are asked to fill in a list with what you would like the next morning. the first day we asked (amongst others) croissants and pain au chocolat and only got pain au chocolat. the next day with the same request we only got croissants. the last day they had forgotten about us all together.
However the hotel is very well kept and is in the best possible location. Nothing beats sitting on your own terrace watching the sunset with a glass of wine while everyone else stands shoulder to shoulder in the castle ruins.... would i recommend it ... yes ... Is it worth 270 Euro per night...Ill let you decide
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Esperas is a unique full service hotel that offers you the opportunity to experience the traditional cave houses of Santorini coupled with one of the most breathtaking views on the planet. A five minute walk from the center of the picturesque village of Oia, the complex is exclusively situated on the edge of a hanging cliff side (the Caldera), overlooking the breathtaking sunset and the volcanic rocks. An ambiance of comfort and relaxation is present throughout the 20 houses, complemented by traditional furniture and antique pieces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, T4B, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Booking.com so you can book your Esperas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esperas Traditional Houses Hotel Oia
- Esperas Traditional Hotel
- Hotel Esperas Traditional
- Esperas Santorini/Oia, Greece