“Good lodging, great view” 4 of 5 stars

Villa Agnadi Studios
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Priuli 99 | Finikia, Oia 84702, Greece   |
Ranked #41 of 48 Hotels in Oia
Derwood, Maryland
“Good lodging, great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I would say 3.5 if I could. Basically you go here for the view. Traditional, beautiful property. Our room was right by the reception and was noisy with few windows and no view. It was not ready at 2pm and we waited a long time to check in. Staff seemed nice though somewhat clueless. Clean and comfy room though the queen bed could be better. Good bathroom. The pool is really nice as is the deck, with stunning views. Free ice cream at the pool. Also free parking across the street. We didn't try the free breakfast. Easy access to Oia and to a great restaurant Finikia one minute away. Overall, good for a short stay.

Stayed July 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed in July 2014 in a quadruple room which had a loft bed over a double bed. Booking was difficult - used the online booking service on their site and waited one week to receive a confirmation. We liked the cleanliness of the room, air conditioning, shower, free wifi, parking option and the swimming pool. The breakfast selection was very mediocre compared to similar priced hotels in the Greek islands. Staff were friendly with basic English. We didn't mind the walk into Oia but would probably be too much for families with young children. Overall would recommend for those who prefer a quieter location with possibility to park a rental car or bike.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights here in July 2014. Our suite had two rooms outside and inside. Inside had no windows and very stuffy. Air conditioning was only in outside room so inside room got hot. Also could hear sound from other rooms. Bathroom had some smell which wouldn't go away. Had to use spray to kill the odor. They were very stingy in providing soap/shampoos etc - had to ask for more a couple of times. There was no place to put luggage anywhere - had to put all bags on floor. Staff was helpful in general. Breakfast was okay - not great not bad either. Walk to town is good 20 minutes - some part had sidewalk rest not. Drivers drive crazy around here so be carful walking at night.
View of Sunset was amazing. Pool was good also had an amazing view.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Solihull
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here the last week of June. We are a couple who were traveling with my parents. When we arrived myself and my husband were greeted with " hello, we have a problem with your room. Take a seat and we'll take you to another hotel". No politeness, no apology. I stood next to my dad who was checking in. I was told over and over to "sit down". I didn't want to sit down I wanted to check my dad was ok with his booking as I did all of the arrangements beforehand. Myself and my husband were told to drG out suitcases up the hill to the carpark as we were staying somewhere else. We were taken in a very dirty car to another hotel and basically dumped there. We were told someone would collect us the next day. No time was given so we had to chase to be collected.
When we were finally collected the next day we were given a room that was ok.
The hotel appears clean but I don't like the way the same mop bucket is used in every room and every room is cleaned from the back to the front which means they start with the bathroom. That means everyone else's toilet germs have been spread across the floor. We kept our shoes on.
My parents bought a box if tea bags. There were only 5 left but these were taken from the room.
The reception staff were shouting across and seemed to be telling the cleaners off. This meant that relaxing at the pool was difficult. We did not like the atmosphere of this place and would not stay here again.
Before leaving I was asked to pay the bill for our one night at the other hotel that they sent us to. It was only when I got angry that they gave up on trying to get the money out of me. Cheeky beggers!
Santorini was lovely and Oia was by far the best village. I recommend a trip to santorini.

• Stayed June 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed in room 10 at Villa Agnadi for a week in June. The room represented good value for money, was clean and well presented, had a nicely appointed bathroom with sufficiently powerful drench shower, a single hob ring with basic kitchen equipment, and a balcony with a view of the sunset - something we valued very much having not relished the experience of clamouring amongst crowds in the centre of Oia around this time. Air conditioning is available in the room free of charge.

For us, the location 15 minutes from the centre of Oia, was perfect. At this time of year, visitors from around the island seem to swarm in for day tours and sunsets by the bus load, and the centre of town was hectic. We were grateful to be a little removed from this, but getting in to town was never a problem. The walk in is downhill, and if walking isn't an option there is a bus stop at the top of the hotel driveway, with buses going either into the centre of Oia, or to the main city Fira. There is a timetable, but roughly they are every 20 minutes during the day, ending around 11pm. Some of the best restaurants we ate in (Finikia's, Santorini Mou) can be found within easy walking distance, between the hotel and the town.

The staff were generally friendly and helpful - I am pleased to say we did not experience issues as others have noted. However I would suggest that some of the team are more accessible and forthcoming with information than others. There is no late check out option.

Rooms are cleaned daily, towels changed twice during a seven night stay. Breakfast is conveniently served from 7.30-10.30, and comprises cereals, yoghurt, cold meats and cheese, fruit, and bread with a facility to toast, tea, coffee and orange juice - we found this to be more than adequate, and enjoyed having breakfast on the terrace overlooking the sea and resort each morning.

We had no complaints during our stay at all - in terms of cleanliness, facilities, location, or staff. A late check out option would be a bonus, and would have made our last day more comfortable. Nonetheless, I would recommend this property. If I was to rebook the holiday, I would still choose this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 10 - this is next to the pool and from the balcony you overlook the side of the po...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Bloemfontein, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The staff are very friendly byt ensure you don't interact with Myra.She is very unfriendly and not helpful at all.If it was not for her I would definitely recommend the villa?Rest of the staff were friendly and accommodating.the rooms and pool are beautiful.The view for room 1 is amazing and it is close to the pool.The breakfast is more than enough and well prepared.

Room Tip: Room number 1 has a nice view and is close to the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Athens, Greece
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Us Greeks.... We are gifted with such a fantastic land and we always find ways to push people away...
Double bookings is Villa Agnadi's favourite sport and as a result one of my friends had to change hotel.
Rude receptionist kept on ignoring us when showing the mail with the initial price deal (confirmed 3 months before) just because our credit card had been rejected (they never informed me about it). She wanted to charge more...
On top, the same receptionist "forgot" to issue a receipt for the coffees that we had and only after we asked for it she remembered.... Guys, always ask for a receipt for EVERYTHING that you pay for. Us Greeks tend to "forget" to issue a receipt.
Regarding the facilities, our room, first room on the right as you enter, was extremely noisy (we could hear anyone speaking outside the reception) so sleep was not something that we enjoyed...
If you put aside our hotel experience, Santorini is a one of a kind island, a lifetime experience and a true miracle of the Aegean sea. I highly Recommend it !

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Agnadi Studios? Share your experiences!