“"Food: Great. Service: Could do better! " ” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“"Food: Great. Service: Could do better! " ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Having been turned away from the restaurant we had researched on Tripadvisor - we should have booked - we ended up at the Mezzo cafe. We ordered three main meals a large bottle of water and soft drink. The tall redhead waitress took the order but made no attempt to engage with us. The meals came quickly and to be honest were wonderful. My chicken souvlakia was tender and succulent. The fries were perfect and the Greek salad was delicious not to mention the tzaziki yum yum! All this with bread for €35. Perfect food just need to work on the customer service.

• Greek first
New York City, New York
“best dinners in Santorini”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were blown away by this place and showed up twice without a reservation and were given the best seat in the house with a gorgeous view of the sunset. The sunset from the restaurant was better than the one we saw in Oia with more dramatic landscape in sight. The food was exceptional- lamb shank deliciously flavored & perfectly cooked, orzo seafood dish, appetizers, etc. It was so delicious the first night that we went back for more and were delighted with everything we ordered. Great place

Visited July 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good spot to stop for a drink”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Good views and good spot to stop. It can get really busy. The cafe was showing the soccer so it became quite a hive of activity around game times.

Visited June 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Worst customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Worst customer service my husband and I have had in a Greece. The worker, tall lady was unapproachable and not friendly. I ordered a bacon baguette which a tuna one came out to which I was told when I asked, 'well I heard tuna'. She did not offer me any other alternative and I had no choice but to eat it! In all my years in hospitality before I got my 'real' job, I've never heard that told to a customer. I would not recommend this place at all. Plenty of other nicer places in Oia.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London
“Great views and really nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The restaurant is split over three levels and is the perfect place to watch the sunset over the Oia Peninsula. The food is very good with a particular recommendation for the Moussaka which was one of the best we have tasted on the trip. The time between course was quite quick so I guess if you want to linger in the restaurant you should tell them when you are ordering. Still one to visit if passing through or staying in Imerovigili.

Visited June 2014