“Came highly recommended and now its my turn!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: phone 22860-71606
New York City, New York
“Came highly recommended and now its my turn!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

When I told a co worker I was headed to Greece for our honeymoon, he immediately demanded I visit Dimitri's while in Santorini. Sure, I thought, I love recommendations. It got even better when we checked into our hotel (see my review of Astra Suites) and the owner recommended the very same restaurant. My husband and I love to try "locals favorites" when we travel so we knew this was definitely on the list. We are so glad we went!

For starters, Ammoudi Bay, where the restaurant (and several others) are located, is a bit of ways a way. Not terribly far you just need to plan...to drive that is. The hill you have to walk is pretty steep and I don't know about you...but walking 20 mins uphill after being stuffed with seafood is not my idea of fun. ATVs? Now that's what we did, and it was perfect. You have 2 options when you come to Ammoudi Bay. You can swim/cliff dive or you can eat. There are about 5 or 6 restaurants in a row, and Dimitri's is last. (save the best for last!). We chose to swim first, work up an appetite and then check out Dimitiri's. When we got there it was pretty crowded but not too much so that we couldn't get a great seat right along the water. So close to the water, in fact, we literally could look right into the water and see fish. Plenty of them!

The waitress was pleasant and when we inquired about the fish, she invited us back to the kitchen to look at them and pick the one we wanted. Talk about fresh...you could never do that in New York! When the food came out I don't think my husband and I spoke much because we could not stop eating! It was that good. The bill came and we felt we truly got what we paid for. What made it that much better was knowing we didn't have to walk up that hill and could ATV ride off to our next destination.

Definitely put on your to do list. Hope you have fun!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Athens
“ambiental”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

best ever shrimps SAGANAKI , in a very small place by the sea with nice colorfoul decoration and very nice home made wine. Worth tasting the scorpion baked with herbs.

Visited August 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Our last meal in Oia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We only had a few days in Oia and this restaurant was suggested to us by a local. The seafood is fresh as you would expect, they have a lot of selection for seafood and the service is good.

Visited July 2014
“Delicious ingredients simply cooked.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

The best food in Santorini. Each plate was absolutely delicious and the location and attentive, friendly service was great. A must do for any visit to Santorini, lovely, atmospheric and a very Greek holiday experience.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seoul
“Best seafood in Santorini”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

We came here for lunch after our hike from Fira to Oia, and oh what a great place it was, away from the touristy streets of Oia, right by the bay, serving the freshest, most delicious fish ever. Thanks to the recommendation from their amazing waitress (sorry can't remember her name! a sweet Canadian lady speaks perfect Greek too) we got to taste some amazing fish dishes.

Would definitely return....and take her recommendations again to order the best fish of the day! oh and also order their grilled calamari, superb.

Visited August 2014