“Killer View, Great Fish” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: phone 22860-71606
Charlottesville
“Killer View, Great Fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

One of the most darling restaurant views that exists in the world-- you look out into a beautiful, water-filled, caldera, right on the water. Boats rock in the water, and fresh octopi hang in the sun. We loved the whole-roasted fish, the classic Greek salads, and the delicious Greek assyrtikos on the wine list. The staff is professional and adjusts well to the timing of whatever group you are in.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Portland, OR
“Great Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

My Dear Wife is limited in her mobility, so going to Sunset Tavern, around 200 yards from the Amoudi Bay Road, was not an option. We settled for Amoudi Bay Fish Tavern. What a great choice. First they brought our car down next to the restaurant, so she wouldn't have to walk back. Then Niko, our waiter got our drinks, Greek Salad (wonderful) and presented the fish fresh that day. I had Spiny Lobster with Pasta, while my DW had Sea Bass. Both were delicious. It was a little expensive €175, with drinks, but worth it. The setting is gorgeous, the help wonderful.

Visited June 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Location in Amoudi Bay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Fabulous food, great service and a gorgeous view! We went for lunch this time and were rewarded with fabulous views and pictures! The fava, fried zucchini (a specialty) and grilled fish (just caught) was the perfect meal for two! Thanks for a fantastic afternoon, Joy!

Visited May 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Fresh food with a view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I had read some reviews of Dimitri's before travelling, so decided to stop by when I noticed it on my venture to Amoudi Bay. It didn't disappoint! I explained to Joy the types of fish I tend to like, and being an ex-pat Canadian, she understood exactly what I was looking for. I let her choose for me based on my guidelines, and it was fantastic! You couldn't beat the view either. While I was there it was rather windy, so the tables at the front of the restaurant weren't available for seating, and I would lift my feet every now and then as a wave would wash the floor of the restaurant - Joy explained the waves come with the northern winds for a few days at the first, and end, of the season. I just took it as a fun part of the experience.

I wish I had of made it back for another meal at Dimitri's. It really was a lovely place, with some great, fresh food.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gaston, Oregon
“just as described”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stopped in a shop in Firostefani, got to talking with the owner and told us that eating dinner at Dimitris and watching the sun set was a "must". So we got reservations for that nite, and drove down to Amoudi Bay. Parking was a hassle, but it sure beat walking back up those stairs after you have eaten a full meal!

I had asked for a table on the water, and that is exactly what we got: a great spot to watch the boats, and the sun set as you ate a fantastic meal.

I was a little leery of eating here: I thought it might be to high priced, etc based on the international reviews this place has drawn. But I was wrong. Joy put us completely at ease, and talked to us about all the fresh items on the menu. We told Joy what we really wanted, even though it was not exactly on the menu. Voila, or wishes were her command! I had a mussel pasta, the "Boss" had a mussel and shrimp pasta, at Joy's suggestion.. And Joy also recommended that we "up the ante" and add a little spiciness to the dinners. We each had different ideas about how spicy we wanted our food, and Joy made sure that we got exactly what we wanted.

Our meal was wonderful; and eating it with the water lapping at your feet while you watched the sun set made it quite memorable.

• Visited May 2014