“Like a home in heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 47 hotels in Oia
Ra'anana, Israel
“Like a home in heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I reached Alexander's Boutique Hotel thanks to tripadvisor and it was the best decision I made. Before my flight I hurt my back, which could have easily ruined my entire trip. When I arrived at the hotel I was taken to a beautiful cave room, but unfortunately it had a shower which made things difficult with my bad back. After discussing this with my wonderful host, Jan, I was moved to another room which was different from the first, also beautiful. Both designed in finest detail and made you feel at home. I felt fortunate to have been able to experience both rooms and see just how special this boutique hotel really is.

The hotel is in an amazing location, just a short walk away to Oia Castle and you get to see the true beauty of the village during that walk. The views from the terrace are extraordinary. The breakfast sent to the room or terrace (depending on the weather) was a nice touch and made the beginning to each day perfect. Because I was there in the winter (just came back), many shops were closed. It's something I took into account when I booked the holiday and I was happy since I needed a relaxing time and didn't want to be surrounded by tourists, but that gave me a reason to buy food at the local supermarket and cook for myself in the comfortable and fully-equipped kitchen in the room (both rooms).

I can not stress enough how friendly and attentive the staff were. They made the trip for me and Jan was incredibly helpful and the nicest host you could find.

The only downside is that after spending nearly a week in Alexander's Boutique Hotel and the beautiful Oia, returning home is very depressing! I will certainly return to Santorini and more certainly, will stay at Alexander's Boutique Hotel again.

Room Tip: The Pearl Room and The Emerald Room were both beautiful, the first has a shower and the second has a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

392 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Arabic first
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Perfect locale overlooking Santorini & the surrounding water. Attentive staff & delicious breakfasts. Decor tasteful & classy. Hot tub views to die for. Walking distance into town. Would go back in a heartbeat!!

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Perth WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Alexander's boutique hotel in Oia on the island of santorini was perfect. If you catch the bus from the airport get the driver to drop you off near the hotel as its a long hike back from the main bus port!
We stayed with my sister & her husband in the blue diamond suite - it was perfect lots of room and the balcony and large spa were to die for - we spent heaps of time in the spa looking out over the Caldera.
Breakfast gets delivered to your room when you call the main reception - the only issue I had with this was it would be cold by the time we actually got to eat it - I just popped it in the oven and warmed it up!
There was a little deli right next door so we just brought food and drinks as we needed them. The local bus stopped right out the front and we got around most of the island and spent time in the main port town - at the main bus port you have to change buses to Oia. The main shopping strip in Oia is a white tiled lane way running along side the main road, easy to miss if you don't know it's there. I didn't meet Alexander but my husband did and said he was very nice. Fabulous location & great hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The hotel setting is beautiful and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. You also get your breakfast delivered to your room or the table on the terrace in front of your room which is nice. What we did not like about the hotel are the rooms. They are literarily like "caves" cut into the rock so it can feel claustrophobic and small. There was also a big Exit sign in the room that stays on all night. The pool is also in another hotel across the street so it is not very convenient.
Overall too expensive for what you are getting and not that great of a hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Despite being the "low" season for travel in Santorini, Alexander's Boutique Hotel felt like the place to be. The view and the vibe complimented our need for a nice and relaxed stay. If you are looking for a beautiful cave hotel with a sweeping view of the caldera, this hotel is for you. Downtown Oia is a short stroll away from Alexander's, the ideal location for sunsets and snapshots.

We checked in mid-day and were met by the very nice and patient Yvetta in reception. She upgraded us to the 'Diamond' room that was part of the main hotel structure. It was meticulously curated with antiques Alexander picked out himself and felt like a home away from home. The room was comfortable with all the amenities you would need for the stay: jacuzzi tub, kitchen, living room, TV, immediate terrace access, bath robes etc.

A light breakfast is served on the hotel terrace upon request. The hotel also has a relationship with a local rental car company and can get you a competitive rate. (Cars are necessary if you want to see all of Santorini). The benefit of staying in a cave was the there was very little outside noise that penetrated the walls so tuning out the outside world was pretty easy. There may be random stray pets that wander the street that cause some raucous, but no noise from other occupants etc. One of the best places to watch the sunset was from the jacuzzi on the terrace, so take advantage of it during your stay.

During our stay, we met the namesake of the hotel, Alexander. He is funny, hospitable, and a great local resource. He introduced my friend and I to other Americans staying at the hotel and took us to a couple of great restaurants for dinner for the two nights we stayed. The staff at the hotel are friendly and do a great job of accommodating your needs. Yvetta is savvy and experienced.

Overall great stay and loved the personal experience of the hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a unique property with above average service and amenities. We were told that we had the VIP suite, which as it turned out was quite large, more like a junior sweet full of antique furniture and pieces. It felt as if we were in someones home. It was very tasteful and warm. great view of the ocean and the jacuzzi was right outside the door. Breakfast was was somewhat rigid in that it did not start until 8:30 and it was delivered and it preset with no option. It was adequate but a bit inflexible.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We only encountered 1 problem. We were coming to Santorini by a greek ferry that docks at 2 am . We told the hotel to send a driver to pick us up, for which we were paying extra. But the driver never showed up. Thankfully a rental car place was still open that late at night and I drove and found my way...and hotel said they did send a driver but he couldn't find us...phones didn't work. But aside from that, waking up in the morning at that hotel, with the view you have, is simply breath taking. You are right in the midst of white painted houses and hotels everywhere. Breakfast is served under tables with umbrellas overlooking the sea and the Santorini volcano island. Hotel is comfortable. Rooms are great. Management is courteous and helpful...definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Alexander's Boutique Hotel of Oia? Share your experiences!