I reached Alexander's Boutique Hotel thanks to tripadvisor and it was the best decision I made. Before my flight I hurt my back, which could have easily ruined my entire trip. When I arrived at the hotel I was taken to a beautiful cave room, but unfortunately it had a shower which made things difficult with my bad back. After discussing this with my wonderful host, Jan, I was moved to another room which was different from the first, also beautiful. Both designed in finest detail and made you feel at home. I felt fortunate to have been able to experience both rooms and see just how special this boutique hotel really is.
The hotel is in an amazing location, just a short walk away to Oia Castle and you get to see the true beauty of the village during that walk. The views from the terrace are extraordinary. The breakfast sent to the room or terrace (depending on the weather) was a nice touch and made the beginning to each day perfect. Because I was there in the winter (just came back), many shops were closed. It's something I took into account when I booked the holiday and I was happy since I needed a relaxing time and didn't want to be surrounded by tourists, but that gave me a reason to buy food at the local supermarket and cook for myself in the comfortable and fully-equipped kitchen in the room (both rooms).
I can not stress enough how friendly and attentive the staff were. They made the trip for me and Jan was incredibly helpful and the nicest host you could find.
The only downside is that after spending nearly a week in Alexander's Boutique Hotel and the beautiful Oia, returning home is very depressing! I will certainly return to Santorini and more certainly, will stay at Alexander's Boutique Hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury, elegance, intimacy, breathtaking views of the caldera...Alexander’s is a boutique hotel consisting of suites, cave villas and cave houses all named after precious and semi-precious stones, according to Cycladic architecture. We are a hotel with less steps. We have been recommended by the New York Times, the Independent and the Daily Telegraph. Our hotel was the main location of the film “Thira.” Special occasions are magical when held at Alexander’s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Alexander's Boutique Hotel of Oia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexanders Boutique Hotel Oia
- Alexanders Boutique Oia
- Alexander's Boutique Hotel Of Oia Santorini, Greece