Stayed there in mid-September 2013 - temperatures were still comfortably high, well into the eighties. There are only 11 rooms there and each one different - apparently they were all converted from caves. We were in the Fisherman's House which was absolutely gorgeous with thoughtful little touches like windows positioned to allow you to enjoy sea views even from well within the accommodation. The staff are wonderful - thoughtful, friendly and full of local knowledge and tips. Food, including a breakfast with the best Greek yogurt I've ever tasted, is served on the terrace as you gaze at the sea. The atmosphere is ever so tranquil and relaxing...a pleasure to go back there each night. The setting is so gorgeous it almost feels like you are in a dream, it felt a bit surreal. Would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ikies Traditional Houses is a special type of hotel. Its small size, exceptional location, traditional design, range of accommodation (honeymoon, maisonettes, and studios) and professional operation result in a rare blend of intimate and personalized service offered against a setting of unique physical beauty. Located at the edge of the picturesque village of Oia in the northern part of Santorini and with commanding views over it, into the caldera and of the surrounding Cycladic Greek islands, our guests at Ikies quickly tune themselves into the complete tranquility of the romantic village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, T4B, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Ikies - Traditional Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ikies - Traditional Houses Hotel Oia
- Ikies Traditional Hotel
- Ikies Traditional Oia
- Ikies - Traditional Houses Santorini/Oia, Greece