“Best hollidays ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 47 Hotels in Oia
Dublin, Ireland
“Best hollidays ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

My mother and I just returned from a week stay at Oia's Sunset and loved every minute of it.
Oia's Sunset is in a great location, just few steps from caldera view.
The hotel is wonderfull and very affordable. Every room comes with a kitchenette so you can eat in if you choose to do so.
Rooms are simple, very clean and have everything you need.
Two people make this place- Panos and Stavros.
Panos the owner goes out of his way to help his guests.
He even brought me and my mum for the private trip along the island. That was AMAZING and UNFORGETTABLE !

I would also say thank you for Panos assistant Stavros. He is such a geat guy. He is the most friendly fellow I have ever met!

They both did numerous things to ensure our stay was perfect.

When I go back to Oia this is where you will find me!!!!

Panos, Stavros thank you again for a great stay at Oia's Sunset in Santorini;-))))))
I miss you two already;-)

Agnieszka

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

My friends and I could not stop raving about this hotel. It is such a great value for its location and what it has to offer.

When we first arrived, Panos and Stavos welcomed us like we were old friends, though we had never met before. Over the course of the 3 days we were there, my friends and I joked that we didn't even need to leave the hotel, we had so much fun sitting by the pool, drinking cocktails, and being entertained by Panos.

I completely agree with most of the other reviews and can't really add much since it's all been said. Location is great, not on the caldera, but you just walk up a few steps and you're there. The pool and sitting area are really nice, rooms are simple, but they were clean and had everything we needed. Every room has an outdoor patio area which is also really nice.

Panos had great advice for everything from daily activities to motor bike rental and restaurants. He was always there and always ready to help.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking for a nice and affordable place to stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

Just returned from a week long stay at Oia's Sunset. Panos is a great guy, so welcoming and helpful, and his assistant Stavros was really friendly and helpful too. He also rustled up a mean cocktail! We shared many a drink at the bar with them over the course of our holiday - they were great company and we felt genuinely sad when we had to leave.
The apartments themselves are stylishly designed around a small courtyard with a pool, and have all the facilities you would need. They aren't luxury but are clean, tidy, tasteful and have everything you would want - for anything else, just ask Panos! Our balcony was fabulous - got the sun all day and offered amazing views of the sunset.
Oia is beautiful, and when we visited, quiet, apart from the occasional deluge of cruise ship visitors. There are plenty of great places to eat, going from traditional Greek tavernas to sophisticated eateries which are well on a par with smart restaurants at home - and prices to match! Santorini is not cheap.
All in all we had a perfect break. The apartments were fab, Oia was beautiful, and Panos and Stavros were brilliant. We miss them!

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Stockton, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

I have had the good luck to stay at Oia's Sunset twice, first with my husband and friends in June 2007, and then because we enjoyed it so much, with my daughter in September 2008. Oia's Sunset is in a great location, facing the sunset and just steps from the plaka on the edge of the caldera. Almost constructed like a small village, it looks like what we think of as a traditional Greek village - a set of sugar cubes bright white reflecting the sun. The hotel is very affordable, and every room (we have stayed in) comes with a kitchenette so you can eat in if you choose to do so. A lot of the hotel's charm comes from Panos, the wonderful innkeeper/barkeep who is the essence of Greek hospitality. When we returned in September 2008 after our first visit, Panos greeted us like long lost friends - what a wonderful welcome. Everyone gathers in the bar or at the small pool and gets to know each other quickly. The rooms are simple, basically furnished, not luxurious but were perfect for us. Our stay included breakfast by the pool - what a great way to start the day. Having stayed there twice I recommend it to anyone looking for a good place to stay in Oia.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2008

Great value for money in good accomodation in a good location with a genuinely helpful host. Panos is a "loveable rogue" and makes the place tick; if he went it would be a different place. Its not perched on the edge of the caldera but its literally only 100m away along a pathway. If we went back we'd (1) double check that the booking was in fact in place (administration is not Panos's strong point!) and (2) try hard to get a top floor apartment reserved. Would stay again anyway.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

Don't get me wrong this is not a bad hotel, in fact way above average but it really is overrated by many reviewers on this site.

Looked at objectively, it has good service, a convenient, albeit slightly anti-climatic location (very near the bus stop) and nice rooms.

Having lived in Greece for a year a few years back I have encountered Greek hospitality and have to say that although Panos' and his staff are very good they are not as out of this world as stated by many reviewers.

Don't go expecting Utopia is essentially my message, otherwise you may well be a little under-whelmed like I was with my girlfriend.

• Liked — Immaculate rooms
  • Disliked — Location and not the best value for money
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

Once again, I thank the people who write reviews on Trip Advisor. As far as hospitality goes, I think this hotel should be ranked #1 in Oia.

We arrived early in the day, so Panos and Adonis (I think that was his name), stored our luggage in our room while it was cleaned for us. They greeted us with a drink and sent us off with reccomendations for lunch.

The apartment we stayed in was huge!! It had 3 balconies and we could see the sunset at night. He informed us at the end of our stay that he had guests who had it booked for a month straight after we left (boy was I envious). We kept all our windows open and the breeze coming through was unbeatable. Also, I don't know what kind of fabric softener they use, but I would buy it in bulk if I had the opportunity. The bed linens and towels smelled awesome.

Panos and his staff did numerous things to ensure our stay was great. They booked massages for us, which were at discounted prices, offered great dinner reccomendations, and always had a friendly smile. We spent our last night sitting in the bar drinking and chatting the night away. After checkout they stored our luggage for us again, so we could go to the beach before we had to catch our flight, and arranged transfer to the airport.

This hotel was definitely a great find. I would reccomend it to anyone visiting Oia.

• Liked — Panos and his staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Oia's Sunset? Share your experiences!