“Brilliant in every way!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 71 Restaurants in Oia
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: This is a restaurant overlooking the Santorini caldera. It is listed in the latest edition of Fodor's "Greek Islands."
Melbourne
“Brilliant in every way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

The food here is spectacular! The menu is very interesting and creative. Every dish we ordered was sensational...one of the best meals ever.... and such a pleasant surprise given the location is also spectacular.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Red Bicycle is one of my all time favourite restaurants. It has the best view in Oia, very romantic. The service has always been good and friendly and the food has always been to die for. They do change their dishes every year, so they probably don't get them 100% right, but everytime I have been, I always seem to select the right one. And this year, it was the cod on beetroot with some paste on the side. Individually, very good. Combine all three, my taste buds went wild. The dish just worked so well. My girlfriend and I also shared one of their Greek salads, which included avocado ice cream, as a starter. I know what you might think, but it was one of the best salads I've ever had. Again, combining all flavours on the plate, it was just heaven. My girlfriend loved the place. I guess you could say Greek food with a twist. I had to go back and thank the owner for all of their amazing dishes over the years, and can't wait to see what they offer next time.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Enjoyable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Lovely location, lovely view, Greek food with a spin on it. Nothing was particularly amazing, but everything was enjoyable. If I only had a night in Oia, I'd go to Ambrosia over this spot, but it was still good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bergen, Norway
“Contradictory”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were seated to an excellent table with a lovely view - a good start. However the house wine in contradiction to other wines on the island did not measure up. The main courses - peppered beef tasted of only pepper and the meat was fatty therefore inedible, the lamb although very tender had no taste and was overpowered by a lemon foam. We tried each others food but had to return them with our comments. When asking for the bill we were charged for both dishes but were given complimentary deserts (fake cream) - this we politely turned down and I went inside to speak with the owner. I stated that I would pay for one main course but not both. I explained why and complimented her on the view and service thus far, however she did not listen to my views and was offended. She denied me to pay for anything and we left with very bad tastes in our mouths.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Kampala, Uganda
“Outrageous - avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We found the pace by walking in the village and decided to go there mainly because the view was very nice. On the food side, we were served an ultra salty - impossible to finish risotto and a piece of fish so small my kids would have eaten it as a starter ! I should have guessed when I asked the waitress if the fish was grilled and when she answered me "it's not exactly grilled !". The worse came with the bill when I was asked for 70€ for 2 plates (see above), 1 glass of wine, 2 cokes (had to get rid of the salt!) and bread...We were so deceived ! Place to be avoided !

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere