“Average dinner, overpriced” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 71 Restaurants in Oia
Chicago, Illinois
“Average dinner, overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went to Kyprida one of our first nights on the island and decided to try the 15 plate meal for 2 in order to get better acquainted with Greek food. While there was plenty of food- compared to other places our meal was definitely far overpriced. The food was okay, but there was nothing delicious and we both agreed this was our least favorite meal during our stay. Save your money and go to one of the better restaurants on the island.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Moscow, Russia
“Great experience & food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've read the good reviews on Tripadvisor and thought that if I happen to see this restaurant when in Oia I'd stop by for a meal. So it happened. I decided to explore the backstreets and strumbed on Kyprida.
I've lived a couple of years on Cyprus before, so I am well familiar with Cypriot food. Since I came alone, my only disappointment was that they did not do "half-portions" for the salad (they do it in most restaurants in Greece, at least those I've been to)... as I'd love to try more dishes but there is a limit to how much one can eat :). I'll say right away that the food was superb and the next day I had to flight with myself not to come here again, as I planned on trying different restaurants every day... but the tastes of Kyprida were calling back :).
The setting is lovely: nice shady terrace, away from big crowds, feels cosy and private. They say there is also a sunset view but I came after the sunset.
The service was nice and prompt; thought the restaurant was quite busy.
I had fried liver which was very tender and had a very nice flavor, slightly sour. And oven baked vegetables covered with feta cheese - excellent dish, again with very nice taste combination. They also offered a small complimentary starter. The house wine was very good, so I thought. I did not notice how the half litre went :).
The price was fair and it was not the most expensive meal I had on the island (around 30 Euro with tips).
I'd gladly come again when I am back to Santorini.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh
“Food Good but Service very slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Nothing special, food was fine. A bit windy upstairs with the windows open at first. Service was very very slow after intial order

Visited July 2013
Gold Hill, Oregon
“What looks good on the outside can be most deceiving once you're on the inside”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Even though this place was recommended by our host...it soon became apparent that our tastes differed from hers..
Although the service was fair.....our food came before our water..or wine...and on a warm night that is certainly not acceptable.

The place was clean and a fine three piece musical group accompanied us with local tunes through dinner.

we don't mind paying quality prices for quality food but when some of the food served appears to be left over from another diners plate...we must draw the line...the lab hearts were so chewy and cold , they practically wore our my jaw getting them down....and there was nothing remotely memorable in any of the other fourteen plates that came with the "special?"

We ordered two portions of the special tasting menu at 59 euros each....one would have been one too many.

The moussaka was well prepared...and the shrimp was fair. The wine was good and fair priced.

When we mentioned our comments to the owner/ host , she told us that tourists love her place so much , they eat there three out or four days that they visit santorini.

She might have been a bit more pleasant....we will certainly not eat there again.

There are many fine places to dine on this island..this is not one of them.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Good food but disappointing service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I booked this restaurant based on previous reviews. The food was nice but not great but the most disappointing part was the service at the end. The waitress who served us throughout the meal was lovely was attentive. However, when it came to paying the bill, the experience with the owner left a bitter taste... It was rather abrupt and rude, and we felt it was our problem that the card machine was not working.
What a shame after what a pleasant meal. Not worth the trip.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere