“Reactive service ok, pro-active could be better” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Altina
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   147 Rue Isambard, 27120 Pacy-sur-Eure, France   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Pacy-sur-Eure
Papendrecht, The Netherlands
“Reactive service ok, pro-active could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I needed to go on short notice to Pacy sur Eure for my work. A room was booked to this hotel.

So I took a look on the website www.hotelaltina.fr.
Nice website, but no option to change language. From a positive mind one could say this is a good moment to polish up my rusty French. I did read on the website that they speak English and Spanish.

I came in at the evening and asked the lady at the reception in French if she could speak English. I noticed a little panic in her eyes. She was looking for the waiter (who spoke good English), but he was busy in the restaurant.
We managed to understand each other and I received my key. So far so good, but where is my room ? Normally I would expect a short description where you can find your room.
Luckely the hotel is not to big and with a little searching I found my room.

After that I went to the restaurant.
The waiter could speak good English and helped me with the menucard, which was in French only. The food was not to bad for the price. And the service was quick.

But the room.
Very possitive: WiFi worked ok and was free.
Lees positive:
The bed was a little bit small and I am 1 meter 90. The door to the bathroom was damaged because it seems to be bounced to the fornt door. Maintenance guys maintenance! Repairs should be done quickly and good to keep up to good look of the room.
Also the toilet made noise the whole night. I closed the tap of the reservoir, which was empty in the morning, the the water noise was gone.
But the next door a guest was coughing in his bed. It sounded like he was lying in my bed.
So the sound isolation of the rooms could be subject for improvement.

Summary:
One should be better prepared for non French speaking guests.
A little more pro-active service would be welcome. And take care about maintenance.
The people where friendly.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Mid Wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

Stayed overnight on our way south, there was a mix up in the rooms booked (doubles rather than twins) which took some time to resolve but when we finally got to the rooms they were perfectly fine if a little dated.
The quality of the restaurant food was very good and reasonably priced and the breakfast buffet again very good.

However here comes the main complaint – service! We got the feeling from the owner / patron that we were in his way we were not made to feel welcome it took ages for him to leave the reception desk and serve us when we sat down in the bar area before dinner, and again we were ignored for ages when we entered the restaurant and trying to get someone’s attention to order extra wine etc was almost impossible.

Perhaps we just caught them on an off day but I won’t be rushing back!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Altina? Share your experiences!