We stayed here after safaring in the Masai Mara and it provided the ideal place for rest and relaxation.
The resort is set amidst beautiful gardens and the room had a lovely view of the Indian Ocean. As we had a Club Villa room we had butler service for complimentary drinks, room service and laundry so I cam home with very little washing - definately a bonus.
There is a warm sea water pool which leads to a perfect white beach and the warm blue waters of the ocean.
The quality and choice of food in the all inclusive package was excellent and you also have the option of two alternative restaurants for an additional charge. The staff could not have been more pleasant or helpful, even remembering what you like to drink.
One tip I would offer which is not to do with the hotel but the airport - apparently it is a regular occurence that not all your luggage arrives at the airport when you do! so pack your cases to deal with this. Our case did arrive the next morning and this certainly did not spoli out holiday one bit.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds La Gemma Dell` Est Hotel
- Diamonds La Gemma Dell` Est Hotel Zanzibar
- La Gemma Dell Est Zanzibar
- Gemma Del Est
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the Kendwa Rocks on NW coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Olotels, Fastbooking, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Diamonds La Gemma dell' Est reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.