More than just a tropical getaway! Chumbe Island is breathtakingly beautiful and the snorkeling is amazing, but what really impressed us was the staff and their conservation efforts. Unlike other places we had stayed in Tanzania / Zanzibar, the team at Chumbe really went above and beyond to demonstrate their interest in environmental stewardship and genuine concern for the guests. We really felt spoiled for all four days we were here, and after a 4 week trip in Tanzania, Chumbe was the experience we always tell our friends about first. Definitely not to be missed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning exclusive private island, fully managed nature reserve and marine park. Guided tours included through spectacular coral reef, forest and mangrove nature trails, historic lighthouse and visitors' centre. State-of-the-art zero-footprint eco-architecture (photovoltaic energy, rainwater harvesting, solar water heating, composting toilets). Free environmental education programs for local schools. Winner of British Airways Tourism for Tomorrow award 1999, UNEP Global500 award 2000, National Geographic Geotourism Challenge award 2008, finalist Aga Khan award for architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Chumbe Island Coral Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Hotel Zanzibar
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Zanzibar