Amazing location, great friendly staff, cute bungalow & amazing food !
Do not miss the snorkeling and the forest walk tour !!!
My advise is to spend 2-3 nights there.. only one night being too short. ON the other hand i would not spend more than 3 days unless you are really wanting to rest, the island is small.
- Also Known As:
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Hotel Zanzibar
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Zanzibar
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning exclusive private island, fully managed nature reserve and marine park. Guided tours included through spectacular coral reef, forest and mangrove nature trails, historic lighthouse and visitors' centre. State-of-the-art zero-footprint eco-architecture (photovoltaic energy, rainwater harvesting, solar water heating, composting toilets). Free environmental education programs for local schools. Winner of British Airways Tourism for Tomorrow award 1999, UNEP Global500 award 2000, National Geographic Geotourism Challenge award 2008, finalist Aga Khan award for architecture. ... more less