Stayed on Chumbe for 7 nights this place is incredible.The coral reef was the most beautifull one i have seen so far so many colours and difference.We saw turtles,stingrays,reefshark and a lot off others who live there.
A lot off spots to relax on and near the beach with amazing views.
Food is buffet on regular times quality ok but after a week much the same.Staff do everything to make you feel good nothing is to much.
Bungalow nr 6+7 are the most private and a stroll away from the see.
- Also Known As:
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Hotel Zanzibar
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Zanzibar
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning exclusive private island, fully managed nature reserve and marine park. Guided tours included through spectacular coral reef, forest and mangrove nature trails, historic lighthouse and visitors' centre. State-of-the-art zero-footprint eco-architecture (photovoltaic energy, rainwater harvesting, solar water heating, composting toilets). Free environmental education programs for local schools. Winner of British Airways Tourism for Tomorrow award 1999, UNEP Global500 award 2000, National Geographic Geotourism Challenge award 2008, finalist Aga Khan award for architecture. ... more less