Chumbe Island is a fantastic project. We were happy to discover the life of the coral reef during our 3 night stay. We appriciate the ecological friendly way of living on the island and we gladly supports the educational programme on coral reef protection. We strongly recomend this kind of turisme.
Further, the food is fantastic and the chumbe team and the whole atmosphere is so friendly and welcoming. If paridise exist it must be somewhat like chumbe Island.
- Also Known As:
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Hotel Zanzibar
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Zanzibar
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning exclusive private island, fully managed nature reserve and marine park. Guided tours included through spectacular coral reef, forest and mangrove nature trails, historic lighthouse and visitors' centre. State-of-the-art zero-footprint eco-architecture (photovoltaic energy, rainwater harvesting, solar water heating, composting toilets). Free environmental education programs for local schools. Winner of British Airways Tourism for Tomorrow award 1999, UNEP Global500 award 2000, National Geographic Geotourism Challenge award 2008, finalist Aga Khan award for architecture. ... more less