to be than Chumbe island.
Snorkling in combination with the island experience was the finest possible.
Great reef and corals, beautiful fish and turtles.
Extremely friendly personal and fantastic food, served on the beach.
Great to sleep in eco-bungalows from which you know that they don't negatively impact the environment.
- Also Known As:
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Hotel Zanzibar
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Zanzibar
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning exclusive private island, fully managed nature reserve and marine park. Guided tours included through spectacular coral reef, forest and mangrove nature trails, historic lighthouse and visitors' centre. State-of-the-art zero-footprint eco-architecture (photovoltaic energy, rainwater harvesting, solar water heating, composting toilets). Free environmental education programs for local schools. Winner of British Airways Tourism for Tomorrow award 1999, UNEP Global500 award 2000, National Geographic Geotourism Challenge award 2008, finalist Aga Khan award for architecture. ... more less