“Excellent ! In every way !” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 73 Activities in Zanzibar
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the Unexplored with Zanzibar's only 5 Star Gold Palm and National Geographic Dive Centre! This means that we offer you the highest levels of customer care and attention whilst encouraging you to conserve and explore the marine environment. We take divers from complete beginners up to professional level and have a massive variety of diving. Guaranteeing something for everyone. With our small groups of a maximum of 6 divers per guide we are able to offer you the chance to escape the large crowds and get the most from your dives. Rising Sun dive centre is located on the South East beach which offers some of the best diving on this side of the island with its 65km fringing reef and abundant aquatic life. We are situated in the beautiful resort of Breezes Beach Club and Spa, next to Baraza & Palms resort & Spa.
Munich, Germany
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent ! In every way !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We visited the Rising Sun Dive Ctr. in November 2013 and were happy with the excellent staff and the opportunities to dive. I am an OWD but not very experienced so I got lucky to make my check dive with Alice, who stayed calm with me even I was pretty nervous doing dives again and Alcice caught a cold so she was shivering under water. Nevertheless she guided me through the lagoon.
My 4 dives I did with Michele - that was really great.We were a group of 4 or 2 and he showed us lots of fish I would never have seen without him.Immedeatly I would dive with him again.Tks Michele, this way !
My lovely girlfriend took the OWD Course and thanks to the patient Dive Teachers finally went through the Padi Course. It was a hard peace of work - but they did it !
All in all we were totally appy with the diving, the people @ the dive Ctr - tks to Evelyn and Julian - who did everything to make us feel at home under the water.
The back office did a great job; when I tried to contact them from Germny via Mail it did not take long untilI got an answer ( and I mailed a lot and had tons of questions )
Equipment : very well maintained as far I can say
Dive sites : very colourful, lots of fish !
Water: very warm , great visibility
We hope to come back someday - lets go diving !

Jerusalem, Israel
“the most happy dives”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

an excellent professional dive center, located at the perfect beach. we spent there one week, me and my wife, the all staff were taking care of us and did everything so we can go on diving and share the beauty of the underwater, above all, what i beleive is that one of the instructors - Michele Falchetto, i really think he has some realations with dolfins!!! he is happy like a dolfin, he is smilying like a dolfin, the moment you see him - in the dive shop or underwater or on the boat, it doesnt matter - if you see Michele face - yoy smile!!!! and for sure, if mr. Falchetto is around - the dolfins will come. since i understood it fast, all we did was to have Michele around so we won to see wild happy smilyng dolfins everyday, underwater and on the surface - making sure we are kipping this place as a happy place. tanx rising sun, tanx michele, tanx dolfins. and now......... HAPPY TEST!!!!!????? ARE U HAPPY?????
great thank to the girl power instructors - Tammy Croxford and Alice Bensi, fantastic dives together.
thanks guys for the an unforgetble dives, the most happy i did.
ran

Zurich, Switzerland
“Open Water certification at Rising Sun Dive Center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I had never dived before and did the PADI Open Water course with Rising Sun's Michele Falchetto. We spent a full day in the pool of the resort going through the basics, and did two dives on both day 2 and 3 of the course. The diving itself obviously is fantastic at Rising Sun, as many people have written before me, but being taught by someone as dedicated and enthusiastic as Michele definitely made it even better.

Michele has been both fun and professional and made me feel safe and comfortable at all times. His briefings are clear and thorough, and he made sure I understood everything before we went into the water, which allowed us to get the most out of the actual dive. He took his time to make sure I could do each exercise of the program well, but also knew to quickly move on once I got the hang of a particular technique. All in all, both my girlfriend (who dived with us several times) and I can really recommend Rising Sun and diving with Michele!

Zanzibar, Tanzania
“Brilliant day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

After looking forward to diving on the east coast of Zanzibar for five months, my diving there did not disappoint! The instructors are all very good, professional and friendly. They all made me feel very welcome. I did two dives here, both were fantastic. The warm waters, amazing fish life and incredible guide kept me well entertained throughout both dives. I would highly recommend rising sun divers to anyone looking at diving in Zanzibar.

London, United Kingdom
“Dolphins, whales: diving doesn't get better than that!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Did 8 dives with the Rising Sun in November.... 30 metres visibility, water was 27degrees celsius 30 metres down - and barely any current - how did I manage to get so lucky?

On our first 2 dives we spotted whales (mum and calf) along with a school of dolphins how cool. Michele was our guide and he is truly a great spotter of fish, not to mention giving a really good brief of what to expect on the reefs and his expectations of safety, signals etc.....

For our next 2 dives - we were resting and a school of dolphins were spotted - we took after them on the boat and all piled into to swim with them - how totally amazing was it - Julian, Alice, Michele and 3 divers just hanging out with the dolphins, a fantastic moment in time.

Some really cool spots as well - 4-5 turtles in Turtle Garden, on our second Turtle Garden dive we saw a huge swordfish - that was a first for me. Pale Pale is a lovely dive spot, loads of coral, potato grouper, lobster, octopus, sting ray, manta shrimp. Also had a cracking dive in Red Flag spotted torpedo ray, ribbon eel scorpion fish, stonefish, rock lobster white and yellow moray, blue potted sting ray. My log book is full of spots!

There was always a briefing at the start of the day; the guides (Alice and Michele) knew what they were doing, but always did it with a sense of humor and glint in the eye. Julian (sweet cheeks) and Evelyn were really helpful before we got there and really great to hangout with.

And so to the centre. The equipment was really good quality - I hired everything, and it was probably the best quality equipment ever:-) All trips were well organized with timings and confirmation sorted out the day before. The boat crew did everything for you - from taking your equipment onto the boat, to changing the tanks between your first and second dives. (Oh and your equipment was cleaned for you on return to the centre - bliss!). The atmosphere was great on the dive boat - always some jokes and craic to be had. Not to mention the pineapple between dives! I felt admitted into the Rising Sun dive family - thanks you guys - missing ye already.....

I have some really fond memories of the team and the centre - and really look forward to diving with you guys again!