I have stayed at Zanzi Resort for 7 nights. It was our second week of our honeymoon.
Stone Town is almost 20-30min drive.
1) The manager and her team were very friendly, they made sure that we were comfortable and enjoying our time.
2) The resort helps in arranging transportation & excursions, it was provided for us for free.
3) The breakfast was nice.
4) Dinner menu is a set menu. you choose between two or three main dishes with a fixed appetizer and sweets. The menu is changed daily. it was delicious but sometimes salty (They had three chefs, so I guess it depends on the chef that night).
5) The lunch menu was not great, but you can ask the chef to cook anything you want if you tell him at least a day early so they can bring fresh ingredients from the market. We asked the chef once to do steaks, they were average. The second time we asked for Italian food, but there was a miscommunication between the chefs so we ended up with the regular lunch menu items.
6) My wife tried the massage but she didn't like it. Also, the masseuse used orange scented oil which was annoying. But it was for free, so cant complain.
1) The villa was very nice & very private.
2) The pool was warm and cleaned daily.
3) The beach was private ( two huge rocks on each side). The beach itself was rocky, you will need slippers.
4) Sometimes small boats pass by too close to the beach, you will feel like they will anchor at your beach (it was annoying).
5) No bathtub in the bathroom.
6) The view was amazing.
I highly recommend visiting Zanzi Resort.
Please note: We got free services because it was our honeymoon, your experience may vary.
Sorry for my grammar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zanzi Resort is an elegant and charming private hotel situated on the shore of the Indian Ocean, 20 km from the historic town of Stone Town and 25 minutes from the international airport. Seven large and luxurious villas, offering an intimate environment, are perfectly equipped and finished with an artistic touch, as is the restaurant and SPA. The outside of each villa features a large private pool with a counter current/ hydrotherapy element, patio, shower, gazebo draped in a mosquito net, a lush tropical garden and private path leading to a secluded beach on the Ocean. A personal butler takes care of our guests and fulfills their needs. The resort, spreading over six hectares of astonishing garden, along with its in-house restaurant and SPA, was designed in a romantic style, ensuring a sense of profound intimacy. Our refined and carefully chosen menu will satisfy the most demanding palates. Guests can have their breakfast, lunch or dinner either in the restaurant, in the privacy of their villas or on the beach. We offer international cuisine, fresh fish and seafood, all with organic vegetables and spices picked from our own Eco-plantation. A coral reef lies 80 metres from the shore. We offer an interesting package of sports activities and island excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Zanzi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.