“Awesome Wedding Anniversary celebration” 4 of 5 stars

Sea Cliff Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Mangapwani, PO Box 1763, Tanzania   |
Ranked #47 of 142 hotels in Zanzibar
Cape Town
“Awesome Wedding Anniversary celebration”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Jambo!! We spent a week at Sea Cliff Resort & Spa from 9/12 to 16/12 and had a fabulous time! Most of the staff from reception to the waiters at pools and restaurants were very friendly and aimed to please with their service (especially "our waiter" Calvin!). In certain instances language was a barrier as english is not their first language but that did not detract from the overall awesome experience. room size was adequate and comfortable, enough packing and hanging space for a holiday. The mosquito nets and floor rug (room 109) needed cleaning / replacing though. wifi was erratic
The view from all angles of the resort is just awesome, the grounds are beautifully landscaped and the pool & restaurant areas just stunning. The 80m rim flow pool is perfect in all respects - we enjoyed lounging around, swimming and enjoying cocktails till very late (the ground staff actually waited till after we were done swimming for the night (sometimes 22H00) before they cleaned or added chemicals.
Its impossible to be bored at Sea Cliff - there's just so much to do from the water activities, to private beach, to snooker, tennis, bike rides and so much more.
The menu varied and each night was a different theme plus evening entertainment on most nights we were there - food was great.
Our anniversary celebration was made perfect by a couples massage at the spa + private seafood dinner.
Asante sana to the management & staff of Sea Cliff, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will recommend this resort to anyone visiting Zanzibar!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Superior room # 109 with the most beautiful sea views - sun shines directly on to porch...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

383 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Turkish first
JHB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

A 5 star experience for the whole family. Exceptional sunsets, beautiful pool and bar facilities, friendly, helpful and well trained staff and beautiful room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Zanzibar!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Had business in Dar es Salaam and decided to spend the weekend in Zanzibar prior to heading back to the US. Usually when I look at Trip Advisor reviews I find my experience much more positive than the overall ratings. Unfortunately for this hotel, it was not the case. I found it average at best. The staff was ok, not great. The air conditioning in my room would not cool off below 25. I asked them the first day to look at it, I don't know if they did. I told them the second day that it still hadn't changed and at least I know they looked at it that day. Still, no change in cooling. They never checked back with me to validate any change nor offered to move my rooms. I expected some sort of follow up and change if the problem wasn't fixed. I also have sores on my legs that appear to be bed-bug bites although I did not physically see any bugs in the rooms. I don't know what else they would be but I am certain they happened during my last night there. The facilities were nice. The pool/lounge area is very nice. The food was average at best. Perhaps for the region this if 5-stars but if you are coming from the US and have traveled to Hawaii, Mexico or the Caribbean, comparatively, this is a 3 star resort at best. I would not go back to Zanzibar again but that is a function of distance traveled. I did very much like the people there. There are just much, much better options closer to the US.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had our Honeymoon at the Sea Cliff Resort and absolutely loved it! It's a fabulous hotel with great service and friendly staff. Views were spectacular. See picture. The ocean was warm and the pool even warmer! We are definitely planing of going back there one day....

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Fabulous Hotel. The views from the amazing swimming pool accross the sea to the pier bar are wonderful. The staff are very attentive and always smiling. The food was very good as well, and the menu chaged each night. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose a room with a sea view as the sunsets are amazing
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Boksburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We received 5 Star treatment from each & every single person during our stay. I always wanted to celebrate my 40th birthday in style, but I really didn’t expected to be treated like royalty. We received excellent service from the time we arrived till the time we left. The food, drinks, amenities, service, etc. were 5 star all the way. The swimming pools...wow! Love it! The rooms are beautiful & spacious. The staff are all very friendly & helpful & the facilies are awesome.

Excellent service Sea Cliff Resort & Spa team! Keep it up!

7 blissful nights was defn. not enough. I will definitely be back again soon!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
amm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

i attended a conference meeting at sea cliff it was a very amazing experience and very helpful staff.
the meals was amazing the hospitality and the welcoming is perfect

one advice if you have any problem just go to a DUTY MANGER Daniella van niekerk
she is so helpful so amazing so professional .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sea Cliff Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!