“LOVELY STAY!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Bububu | P.O. Box : 495, B/B52, Tanzania   |
Ranked #49 of 125 Zanzibar B&B and Inns
“LOVELY STAY!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here over Christmas with three friends. It was the the best Christmas ever that began with a very warm welcome at the airport on transfer to hotel by the hotel driver.

After the drive off the main road at Bububu, my friends were already disappointed and thought the hotel was local and remote.
A minute or so later the gates opened wide into the Furaha Paradise, and here we are met by amazing team of Mr Hussein!!

We were more than welcome here by every staff who was on duty then and Mr Meitham could not stop smiling as he led us to our respective rooms and there after led us to the restaurant to take dinner orders.
Minutes later dinner was served and all very delicious.

The service was superp and beyond expectations, all the staff were so friendly and ready to help the whole time.

On our second day we had breakfast and found our way into stone town on our own and returned to a special dinner organised by Mr Hussein and team.
All the meals were unique and special, the fresh fruit juices were fantastic and beyond compare!

On Chrismas day Mr Hussein had booked us for safari Blue that crowned our stay in Zanzibar, we regreted why we had not asked them to arrange all our tours.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who loves special and VIP treament and good value for money.
Everything in this hotel is very fairly priced and the seuvenoir shop managed by Mr Meitham is very cheap compared to all the shops else where on the island, and incase you need anything not in the shop, Mr Meitham can get it you at a very good price.

Will definitrly stay again!!!

Many many Good returns Furaha and thank you for the great hospitality!!!

Lucie, Jackie, Sacha & Ezra.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed for four night but wished could stayed longer. Excellent rooms and great service with friendly service.
Staff were very accomodating and in particluar Mr Hussein who very hospitable and professional.
I would highly recommend this hotel which is close to the stone town.
The quality of service was second to none with all request catered for including pick from the port, local travel etc, at a very reasonable price.
Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I had a 8 nights stay at this hotel with a friend of mine. It's located about a 15-20 minutes drive away from the Zanzibar airport. You can book a transfer from the airport to the hotel, which is the easiest way to get there. My e-mail conversation with the manager Mr. Hussein before the stay was friendly and informative in every way.
What I experienced exceeded every expectation! The accomodation is a really good one for this price, including a breakfast consisting of fruits, eggs and toast with butter and jam. You can choose between coffee and tea and you also get a freshly pressed fruit juice...yummy!
There's a cosy little swimming pool for relaxing, sunbathing and refreshing in cool water. You can get lunch and dinner for a good price at the restaurant with view on the ocean...there has been no meal that I didn't enjoy.
Every staff member is super friendly and the waiter even gave us a hug, before we had to leave. The dining table of our last dinner was decorated with a lot of flowers and napkins shaped like little boats meaning symbolically: Have a good and safe journey.
Near the reception, free WiFi is provided. All you've got to do is to ask for the password.
Mr. Hussein is a master of activity information. With his help we managed to plan our tours and trips and had maximum joy.
Also all taxi drivers were reliable and friendly.

Next time, I go to Zanzibar, I will not leave unless I had at least a one night stay at the Furaha Resort, meeting and talking to all the nice people I've met there.

Don't wait for your booking...you're gonna love it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Booked for 2 nights but thanks to Mr. Hussein for giving us 1 night complimentary as we were there for our Honeymoon. As we entered we were greeted with Mr. Hussein and were shown our room. The room was decorated with red roses.. it was an amazing welcome..
Its not that far from Town neither in the town, its some how in the middle. You get both the quiteness, calm environment and if you wana go out to town, you can easily get a Cab or Public transport.
Furaha has excellent staff. They are very well trained. The Manager ( Mr. Hussein) takes keen interest to know how you are doing and if you are compfortable or not and wheter if you need anything.
The rooms are very nice and cozy.
Enjoyed everybit of it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

This is the first and only hotel I have ever stayed and extra night at. Initially we booked 3 nights here and 2 nights at the Sunshine Hotel after our week long safari back in December 2011. But, when it came close to leaving we requested and extra night as we just did NOT want to leave. The hotel management and staff were just outstanding. Truly going above and beyond what hotels usually do. We have stayed in Hotels all across the world, from 5* luxury resorts, to quaint speciality lodgings and I have to say we never felt more welcome anywhere else.
The hotel is set by the beach, off a busy main road. Initial thoughts are " What are we getting ourselves into?!" at the drive off the main road looks quite back alley-ish. But.. when you arrive into the hotel itself, it is a different world.
The hotel is a set up of small bungalows around a central pool, with a restaurant towards the beach side. You have to go through a gate before getting onto the beach itself, but, this just adds to the security.
I have never booked any tours or cruises with any hotel before, as I like to do it myself and try to get the best possible price. But, this hotel gives VERY competitive prices on all tours and I recommend booking with them directly. ( Their guide for the tour of Stone town named "Choom" is truly outstanding. I can not recommend him more highly. His knowledge is encyclopaedic and his barganing skills are extreamly good. Managed to pick up a few unique gifts).Safari Blue is also worth booking.
As my wife covers due to religious observance, private snorkelling has always been difficult to arrange, but the hotel staff were able to arrange this for us. Something that we have tried booking at many other destinations but was never possible.

An example of how the hotel management treat their customers ; We returned from a tour during the late afternoon whilst the restaurant was closed. We tried to order food as were were extremely hungry, but there was still an hour and a half till left for the restaurant to open in the evening. About 5 minutes later the manager of the hotel knocked on our door and offered us some " experimental dishes" they are trying to introduce to their menu. Although it was a small dish, it was delicious and a genuine kind gesture that we both really appreciated it.

If you are going to Zanzibar and want to stay at a place that will give you a real feeling of the Island without being too gimmicky or being a big resort that could be in any country, then Faruha Resort is the perfect resort. Everything is very reasonably priced. Although the cuisine is not as fancy as the Sunshine Hotel ( on the other side of the Island), I prefer Faruha.

* I just want to add a personal thanks to all the staff and management, you truly made our time in Zanzibar memorable and special. I also want to add a special hello to little Subhaan who was born whilst we were in Zanzibar.

I wish you many years of good fortune and happiness, and hopefully one day, we will meet again.

Umar and Aneesa ( from the U.K)

Room Tip: Book a pool view room. Book tours and guides through the hotel directly as they have good contacts a...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I went to Zanzibar last summer in July, this resort was amazing! it was peaceful, clean, amazing staff! I injured my foot while swimming and they treated me very nicely and gave me advice and help. they looked after us very nicely. we were all young travellers and didnt know what we were doing, but they gave us the best advice and we had the best time! its not over priced I advice anyone who wants to have a fun time, and insurance of a safe clean place to stay is here!! you will be happy as the name suggested! i will be coming back again to visit, I strongly suggest you come here!

Room Tip: all the rooms are fab
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

This was one of the nicest places I have ever stayed. I booked in with a friend for 2 nights only and ended up staying for the whole week. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming, the food was absolutely delicious and the hotel was idyllic. Easy access to Stonetown (10 min taxi or very cheap ride on the bus!), close to the beach and with it's own swimming pool. I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Furaha Resort? Share your experiences!