“Flying jewels” 5 of 5 stars

67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Flying jewels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The Butterfly center of Zanzibar, very close to Jozani forest, offers the possibility to learn many interesting aspects about the life cycle of butterflies, as well as the opportunity to watch them at a close distance. After listening to a short explanation about butterflies, the activities of the center and how it contributes to the development of the local population, visitors get into a large area enclosed by a net where butterflies are flying freely, feeding on flowers and fruit.

Visited February 2013

• Polish first
New York City, New York
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I can't recall the young man's name who gave us the tour, but he was excellent and great fun to be with. We learned so much about the spice trade and the spices that have made Zanzibar so famous throughout history. We completely enjoyed it. We were there in 2011 not March 2012.

Visited March 2012
Muscat, Oman
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed visiting the Zanzibar Butterfly Center. I specially liked the variety, the colors and the butterfly collection. I took nice pictures. The place needs more financial support and could do with more visibility and exposure...

Visited January 2013
Jarrahdale, W.A.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A great little centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I really enjoyed our time here. The guide was very friendly and most informative. A big plus is how this involves the local community.

I would recommend this without hesitation.

Yellowknife, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing project!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Zanzibar Butterfly Centre was one of my favorite stops on the island. It is so beautiful and serene, and our guide was extremely knowledgable. I had totally forgotten all that I learned about butterflies in elementary school, it was a great reminder! So interesting. A very worthwhile project and cause, the Centre helps out surrounding villagers and farmers and creates employment and support for them.

Visited December 2012