“Great value!” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   PO Box 35, Bel Ombre, Mahe Island, Seychelles   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Bel Ombre
“Great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We recently returned from our honeymoon after staying at this hotel and I must say we were not disappointed.

On arrival we were upgraded to a junior suite, which was a great surprise. The suite was perfect, with a lovely view of the beach. The room was clean, the bed comfy and lots of living space.

The hotel is conveniently located on the end of beau vallon beach so it was easy to walk along the beach to many of the other local restaurants.

We only tried the pool bar menu and also the bourgeois restaurant. Although the prices are quite expensive it is not much more expensive than restaurants outside the hotel. The Seychelles is quite expensive.

The one gripe I had which isn't really a gripe is that there are limited spaces of beds by the pool and during peak season you will need to get up early to make sure you secure a bed.

What made this hotel special were the staff. All were very friendly and helpful, especially Yva at the reception who gave us help with restaurant reservations to advice on getting the local bus into Victoria ( I would recommend getting the bus into Victoria as taxis from the hotel are very expensive.)

All in all this was a great hotel and well worth the money that we paid.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jugal K, Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Vicky R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove. Secondly, thank you for choosing our resort for your special occassion.

I am delighted to learn that your suite and our associates exceeded your expectations and helped in ensuring an enjoyable holiday for you. Thank you for your observation, which will be shared with our team to help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back should you ever return to Seychelles, again thank you for your comments.

465 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

All in all, having stayed in 4 hotels on Mahe, this one for me was the best value for money - I would chose it if I were to return

- Hotel is located on the gorgeous beach in Beau Valon, the main tourist attraction of Mahe. Despite this it does not get crowded even on Sundays when locals show up - which makes it a great location with access to some water sports and alternative restaurants.
- The hotel itself is well maintained with good food, nice pool and friendly staff. Rooms are smallish and were planned by a voyeur :) with shower, bath tab and toilet(!) in suite which is rather inconvenient even (or especially) for a couple in honey moon.
- The facilities are a bit torn and worn - but in a charming way, so this was not much of a problem to me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Igrrrr,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove.

I am delighted to learn that our associates, restaurants and hotel activites helped to ensure the perfect holiday for you. Thank you for your observations, which will be shared with our team to help us in our ongoing efforts to exceed our clients expectations.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back should you ever return to Seychelles and again thank you for your comments.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed in May 2012 for 5 nights. We booked ocean view suite. The staff's are very friendly and the breakfast was too good. Room service is also good, during our stay my elder son accidently tapped on the glass door when he was playing and the glass had been shattered. The General Manager and the assistant General Manager visited the room and first they checked anything happened to my son and they offered doctor service also. But God’s grace nothing happened to him. Same time they shifted us to another same category room. They didn’t charge anything for that (for the glass).
It was nice time we spent our stay in Le Meridien fisherman’s cove, my children enjoyed the beach, swimming pool and hotel atmosphere. Our departure flight was at 8pm, we checked out in the morning, we kept our luggage in the store are and we went out for sightseeing and evening we came back to hotel and they offered us to use their SPA for refreshing.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cushnahan, Manager at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Saaiq,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us in Paradise.

I am delighted to learn that your suite, our associates, restaurants and hotel activities helped to ensure the perfect holiday for you and your family. It was a pleasure to have looked after you.

Your kind words on your experience will be shared with the team.

Best regards,
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed at Fisherman's Cove September 2011, we first stayed for one night when we were just passing through, the room was a standard one, not a clean room by any standard and the matress needed replaing. All was reported to reception on our departure. We then returned a week later to a room with an ocean view - superior. Everything started off ok but then went gradually downhill. Housekeeping had to be reminded that we needed towels, bed was not made on some days until 3.30pm, food in the restaurant, although buffet style was certainly below a 5star rating and very boring. One evening there was nothing we were thrilled enough to eat except a bread roll and a slice of cheese. Sunloungers were nine times out of ten so wet and also so very close together. Our patio sunshade was damaged in some strong winds, this was reported the next day but three days on, it remained broken! Very disappointing and certainly not my idea of a 5star hotel, personally I would only give it 3! Needless to say we shall not be returning to Fisherman's Cove.

Room Tip: Go for a superior room on the right hand side looking out to sea!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear Maxene J,

Thank you for sharing your review of you stay with us in September of last year. I regret not to have had the opportunity to have met with you at the time to help resolve some of the issues raised.

I am very surprised and also disappointed to read the various issues you encountered with our housekeeping service, which truly does not reflect upon our usual high standard of cleanliness at the hotel. I am confident to stay that such issues are not recurrent and again regret not to have met with you at the time to address these issues.

You mention your disappointment with the buffet, for which I am again sorry to learn. For your information we have a different buffet theme each evening created by our locally famous executive che,f Mr Denis Ulric, which offers a wide selection of hot and cold starters and at least 8 choices of hot main dishes, with also a wide selection of freshly baked and prepared desserts.

As for our pool area we have just recently replaced our parasols and sun longer mattresses, though I do regret that it had rained on several occasions during your stay.

We would be delighted to welcome you back should you ever have the opportunity to return to Seychelles and again thank you for your comments.

Kind regards,
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I spent 8 days on a corporate trip at the luxury 5 star Sainte Anne Resort and was a little bit nervous of travelling alone to Mahe to stay in the Meridien and wasn't sure what to expect but it's been absolutely fantastic. I wanted to extend my stay in the Seychelles and couldn't afford the Sainte Anne so opted for the cheaper version - not disappointed with the results! This hotel is absolutely wonderful.

From the moment I checked in the staff have been absolutely fantastic, very efficient, very friendly always smiling. They are super efficient with everything.

Room - Absolutely first class (Probably on a level with the expensive Sainte Anne resort) I was in the 100 area with a huge room, wet room shower area and huge bath. The room is just an ordinary 'cheap' room (not the luxury ones) but it feels like total luxury! I have a wonderful balcony overlooking the swimming pool and beach with table, chairs and huge luxury seating. The room is huge very clean and everything in working order. The safe is large and can also hold a laptop. The huge bath and huge wet room shower is fantastic!

Pool - wonderful - over looking the huge beach and you can sit by the pool all day as there's plenty of sun loungers and tonnes of beach towels. There's friendly staff to give you beach towels (which they do at every occasion and change them even if it rains and you've gone for 10 minutes!). You can also have the staff get you drinks by the pool. Sitting in the infinity pool looking over the beach is amazing.

Beach - please note this is a public beach and doesn't belong to the hotel. It's very safe with no street sellers pestering you. Also there's always staff on watch by the gate to the beach to make sure no-one apart from guests come into the hotel so it's very safe (as I was travelling alone I appreciated this). The beach is amazing! Beautiful white sand, hardly any seaweed or any coral/stones etc. The water is lovely but watch out for the current and waves if going there in June. The beach wasn't very busy either and you can walk for a couple of miles (I think?) along it - it's just perfect. The sea temperature was quite warm in June.

Food - buffet breakfast is very nice with a lot of choices on offer and an omlette man! No request is too big for the excellent staff here who are always smiling! I can't comment on the al a carte restaurants as I was travelling alone, I only had the buffet food which was excellent.

Snorkelling - I can't comment on this as someone told me that sharks had been seen in the previous bay of Mahe and to be careful - that put me off to be honest so I didn't bother going. You can apparently snorkel right off the beach and borrow equpiment for free from the dive school.

Diving - I didn't dive here but don't bother with the dive school at the hotel as I didn't think they were very friendly or interested when I was making enquiries - go to the Dive shop just down the beach as they were very nice and helpful. Unfortunately only here for 3 days so never got the chance to dive. You can do a snorkelling trip out to a marine park but it's very expensive at 55 Euros per person - the hotel can arrange this for you.

Can't comment on any other day trips as I didn't take any.

Check out - don't bother paying the extra 100 Euros for a late check out. The staff told me I could check out at 12.00 still use all the facilities in the hotel and take a shower and change at the Spa! Which was really nice of them.

BUGS - Always take bug spray! There's plenty of mosquitos in the Seychelles (although not as many on Mahe as on the island resorts for some reason!)

For me this hotel was fantastic, especially if you are going to the Seychelles on more of a budget. I absolutely loved this hotel and can't speak highly enough about the fantastic staff and atmosphere here. The pool, the grounds, the rooms, the beach are all just perfect. If you want a luxury resort that feels like 5 star then this is the place for you - I can't wait to return again but for longer with my husband next time!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool are very nice!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear UkPrincess 13,

Thank You for taking time off in writing this review. We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove. It was nice to hear that our associates exceeded your expectations. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the comfort of our room and the restaurant.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Saint-Denis, Reunion Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

The meridien was my last stop during my trip to Seychelles. The place in itself is really beautiful. The lobby is big and charming. My room was not ready when I arrived but I was offered a drink and one of the receptionist showed me around while the maid was finishing the cleaning. As I was rather hungry coming from La Digue, I decided to get some food from the bar. Nothing original just a burger and fries but it turned out to be delicious. Discovering my room was a pleasant surprise, big, awesome bed and bathroom, clean and pretty. One annoying thing, there was no shower curtain or door to keep water from flooding the place. I had dinner twice in the main restaurant and food was hard to fault. Very nice service too. Breakfast was flawless. Pool is great, like i've said in my other reviews from Seychelles, there is quite a bit of wind on the coast so the sea next to the hotel was pretty rough during my stay and swimming in the ocean wasn't the wisest choice. One little thing that went kinda wrong was that the hotel had some sort of private reception in the other restaurant next to my bungalow and boy, did they blare the music that night. I wasn't really tired and had earplugs but other guests would have gotten mad about this for sure.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Dear beautifullydepressed,

Thank You for taking time off in writing this review. We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our room, discovered our cuisine and the front desk exceeded your expectations. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The hotel was nice, and clean. Service is amazing and the staff are very welcoming and clear about everything and they pay attention to all details. The Rooms were always clean and they upgraded us to an amazing suite which i reccomend everyone to have. its by the beach and a minute away from the pool.

The breakfast buffet was amazing. i would reccomend them to work on more options for the dinner buffet as in more choices and more food knowledge.

The pool and the beach were clean and the pool staff are always around for extra towels and water bottles.

I would definetly reccomend to come back

Thanks

Room Tip: Go for the suites - and its always good to pass by the nearest supermarket to the hotel - 10 minutes...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear hassanation,

Thank You for taking time off in writing this review. We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Le Meridien Ile Maurice. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed our suites and our associates exceeded your expectations, and discovered our cuisine.

Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove

Been to Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove? Share your experiences!