Frankly speaking, I was slightly skeptical about the place after reading the recent negative review but on the merit of other good reviews and the very reasonable rates, i finally decided on Choice Villa for a 3 day stay with my husband. I must say we both absolutely loved the place and returned completely satisfied with a very warm feeling in our hearts. Cecile, the owner was very forthright in answering my emails prior to the visit. Upon meeting her I found her to be a very warm and welcoming person who was very much concerned that we have a nice and pleasant stay at Choice Villa. She also provided good help with the local map and suggested best places to eat. We stayed at Frangipanne Villa which was very spacious for the two of us and had very beautiful morning views of both Beau Vallon bay as well as the mountains at the back side. Breakfast consisted of delicious omelette by Nicole (caretaker) along with toast, fresh fruits and coffee served right on the terrace in front of our villa (understandably 99% of other guesthouses skip serving eggs for a more pricey breakfast - an omelette doesn't seem to be a very big deal but made us feel good and little more special when compared to the other place we stayed) We were also offered one complimentary welcome breakfast on arrival. The location is good with Beau Vallon beach just close by and great places to eat. The villa itself is a huge family house with 3 independent units each with own bathroom and kitchen. The villa offers a lot of privacy and is recommended for relaxation and soaking in a good view.Tried dinner one night by their cook Minta and it turned out to be absolutely amazing with a nicely done vegetable curry and barbecued fish. Portion size was huge and priced very inexpensively. In all honesty, the property could have been easily priced slightly higher given the huge space and delicious food which was far superior than others, but Cecile said she is more concerned with building reputations than running after money. Renovations were going on in other villas when we visited, however it did not disturb much particularly as we were planing to stay out most of the time. Returned completely happy and satisfied with our stay. We were offered more than our money's worth!. Few things to be aware of:
1. The owner Cecile does not stay at the premises, nor does any of the staff apart from the security guard during the night. We didn't feel it effected us in anyway since we already knew this and if needed anything remembered to bring it up in the morning itself during breakfast time.
2.It is recommended to have a car during your stay since the villa is situated on a very steep though short uphill path and most of the places of interest are far off from the property.
3. The safe in our room beeped continuously during one of the nights causing slight disturbance, however Cecile said she would take care of it right away after we brought it to her attention. Nonetheless, we found a safe in the room to be a big asset since it is not offered by all the places.
4. You should have excursions and other trips planned before you visit as not much help is available at the villa in this regard, however Cecile did mention she is planning to connect with few tour operators to afford better value/knowledge to customers.
5. You should be prepared to do your own dishes though the villa is cleaned daily and the bed is made too. The kitchen is very well furnished with all the modern equipment and cutlery.
- Also Known As:
- Choice Villa Hotel
- Choice Villa Hotel Bel Ombre
- Choice Villa Seychelles/Mahe Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villa is made up of 3 comfortably furnished self-catering apartments. Most of the furniture has been produced from Seychelles timber adding a local ambiance to your stay. Each apartment has a large double bedroom with bathroom and toilet ensuite, kitchen and dining/sitting room. All have ceiling fans and the bedrooms are air-conditioned. The verandah at the front of the Villa provides a relaxing and cool area where guests can enjoy breakfast and dinner.We are situated a leisurely five minute walk from the beach. ... more less