We stayed at Karamboa March3rd to 11th 2010 , so just back and missing it already , right from the start its a total holiday treat , for tarters the airport is 5 mins away , the airport by the way has about 2 flights a day and shuts at pm so dont let the closeness bother you , the cases are delivered to your room (advised as there are not any lifts)in 5 mins , we were on the beach within 50 mins of landing.... The Hotel is stunning ,the rooms are more than lovely , I requested a quiet room and it certainly was , we watched the sun set every night from our balcony .
The entertainment staff work very hard , in fact all the staff work hard and are so very kind and polite .
The evening entertainment is not The West End but it good fun , sometimes very funny (the water sketch) , and after every show the entertainers do 4 or 5 dances which you can join in (if you wish) , after which there is dancing again if you wish , remember the hotel is huge so there is so much more going on at the same time , the quiet of the reception lounge or the upstairs bar , or the Kareoke room .
The food is really good , the choice is really quite big although a little repetitive over the week , lunch by the pool is open all day .
Th only trip we took was 65euros for Quad Bikes for 2 hours , thats driver and passenger it was so good , I wish we had paid the 95 Eurors for the 4 hours trip ...we booked this on the beach by the hotel and not through Tompson as it was cheaper ...to be honest there is little to do but chill relax and sunbathe ,
A note on sun bathin , dont get caught out by the wind ....keep the SPF high 20 at least , I am a sun lover and I used 15 and burnt , dont say i didn't warn you ....
I spoke to some people who are regular RIU 5 Star users and they were not overwhelmed by the Karamboa , I seems it was to big .
Personally I am already looking are returning later this year , the Hotel , people , vibe , weather , beach , pool , food ............just everything was perfect .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the island Boavista in the Cape Verde Islands. 2-Storey main building and 3-storey annexes. Situated on the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach. 7 Km to Sal Rei. 1,5 Km from the airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Clubhotel Riu Karamboa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Hotel Boa Vista
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Boa Vista
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Cape Verde/Boa Vista