I have read a lot of reviews about this hotel and many of them are true. The hotel is large but very friendly. The staff are great very helpful and efficient in all they do.
The waiting staff in the restaurant are very good and the bar staff are very fast in the service they give. We ate at all of the restaurants and my only thing would I would say is that it would be a nice touch to have one restaurant with waitress service. Otherwise the food was always very fresh and replenished constantly.
We had a room in block 2 which was a couple of minutes walk from reception but it was very quiet and had a lovely seaview. The room its was clean and well kept - the bath towels were a little on the small side but all seemed very new. The beds were comfy and changed everyday.
Just a little surprised that there was not tea and coffee available in the rooms but it was all around the hotel.
The pool areas were all very clean and the sunbeds though not perfect were clean and fairly new as were the pool towels always clean and fresh.
The only real bugbear I had was that I do like an iron on holiday (sad I know) but when I called reception to ask for one I was told that I had to go to the shop and pay for one - it was a 50 euro deposit and 2 euros a day - this for a five star hotel is really not acceptable. This is a service which should be given free not at a charge. The only other issue is the same as a lot of reports and that is that Thomson do not have any entertainment on the flights - I can understand this as they planes are quite old and small but they should at least offer a complimentary drink I was also shocked when they offered a pillow and blanket at a charge of £5 and you can take this with you. - to me that is really unacceptable.
Otherwise we really did enjoy our stay at the hotel it really did relax us and recharged our batteries - we would cetainly think about going again. Do try it I am sure you will have a good time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the island Boavista in the Cape Verde Islands. 2-Storey main building and 3-storey annexes. Situated on the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach. 7 Km to Sal Rei. 1,5 Km from the airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Clubhotel Riu Karamboa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Hotel Boa Vista
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Boa Vista
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Cape Verde/Boa Vista