“A very nice visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in North Creek
Clifton Park, New York
“A very nice visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

The room was very clean. Fixtures were dated and no kleenix in the room. The pub service was excellent owing to the fact that they had 3 parties of at least 6. The food was fresh and hot. Erin and Lindsey were excellent servers. The live music after dinner was a nice surprise so we stayed. I would recommend based on price and location right near Gore.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Somewhere
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2014

i've stayed at the black mountain lodge over a dozen times, most recently via an impromptu layover en route to the high peaks. first and foremost i'd like to thank mark and his staff for their generosity that evening. if you love the ADKs, being out and away, enjoy conversation and great food, the black mountain lodge is the perfect stop. over the course of my most recent evening i had conversations with bikers, physicians and ADK locals. toss in a long talk with a retired united pilot that provided climbing stories spanning from yosemite with patagonia founder yvon chouinard to switzerland and you'll get the flavor. if i'm running the hudson in spring, hitting up gore on a weekday, or simply need a great bite and clean room en route to the high peaks, this is one of the no-brainers when asked by friends or family, "where are we going to stay?". let the snow fly.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Delanson, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

I stayed at Black Mountain Lodge with my husband. The food and hospitality were excellent. The rooms were relatively clean and well kept. It's definitely out in the middle of nowhere but a quaint, cute place. I would go there again for an overnight getaway.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

The room was cute. We stayed in the suite. There was shampoo, but no conditioner (which I normally bring but of course I forgot). The check in and out was weird. I had to look all over for someone to check in and when we went to check out there were no instructions or anyone to drop the key off too or a drop box. So we left it in the room. The wings and drinks were pretty good. I'd stay here again!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Greenwich NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

My wife and myself decided to get away for a few days and it had been about a year since our last trip to the southern Adirondacks. When I heard the Black Mtn Lodge had reopened I had to stay there again if nothing else to bring back some old memories and hopefully make some new ones. The Black Mountain Lodge and staff did not disappoint. The rooms were clean and well kept, the grounds were beautiful and you had your own sandy beach out front that must admit I used for sunbathing Thursday morning even though there was a chill in the air.
The Pub part of the Lodge was exceptional, The food was very good I had the Roast Beef on a wick and six wings with a sweet and tangy sauce that I would put on anything, Its that good. Wife ordered and sliced steak on toast points with a salad and fries which she said it was very good.. She didnt share. Happy Hour is pretty decent with beer and mix drink specials and a three dollar Margarita. All in all real nice place priced right and with leaf peeping season coming up its a place Ill be to at least once more in the next few weeks.

Room Tip: Cell service is spotty. but its most places in the Adirondacks but my cheap 19$ phone worked better...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Tonite my husband and I went to the re-opened Black Mountain Inn to have dinner and it was terrible from the bar, service and food. Our appetizer came out after 30 minutes of waiting and our entrees came out right after. How so you make a tasteless Mushroom Swiss Burger? Our bill was $54,00 and not worth $25. Save your money.

• Stayed August 2014
Mark O, Owner at Black Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
I have read this review several times and I'm truly stumped! I emailed Robin directly upon receiving her review and have never gotten a return note. I was in the restaurant the night Robin and her husband came in and spoke to them for a short time as well. I know we were busy and extremely short staffed due to two weddings in town and a large festival going on at the Ski Bowl. In my response to Robin I offered to comp their next dinner in hopes of getting them back in. Because I have not heard back from her and because this is her 1 and only review I can only think that this was a personal attack on our establishment.

Mark
Crystal Beach, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We found the food here fantastic, great Buffalo wings and beef on wick. The motel was another thing. Owner/staff unable to determine which rooms were clean and could be occupied. One room was unlocked by staff and we were told there was no key for it. We watched them check in another guest and give him the keys to an already occupied room beside us. There appeared to be at least 24 units to rent here and turned out only 4 were rented the night we were there. Poor management that can not even manage to rent out 4 rooms without all the difficulty. The rooms were confortable however.

Even with the check in difficulties, would stay again if in the area, everyone was friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
I welcome your comments as my Hotel experience is limited. Since taking The Black Mountain Lodge over in December last year, I have replaced mattresses, cleaned carpets, remodeled rooms and obtained new bedding and upgraded our online presence. My Hotel experience is definitely a work in progress and I appreciate the reviews so I may be of better service to future customers. As with most North Country businesses hiring good staff is always hard.

Mark

Been to Black Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!