“Great Food Great Rooms Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2 nights stay,3rd is free
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in North Creek
Greenwich NY
“Great Food Great Rooms Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

My wife and myself decided to get away for a few days and it had been about a year since our last trip to the southern Adirondacks. When I heard the Black Mtn Lodge had reopened I had to stay there again if nothing else to bring back some old memories and hopefully make some new ones. The Black Mountain Lodge and staff did not disappoint. The rooms were clean and well kept, the grounds were beautiful and you had your own sandy beach out front that must admit I used for sunbathing Thursday morning even though there was a chill in the air.
The Pub part of the Lodge was exceptional, The food was very good I had the Roast Beef on a wick and six wings with a sweet and tangy sauce that I would put on anything, Its that good. Wife ordered and sliced steak on toast points with a salad and fries which she said it was very good.. She didnt share. Happy Hour is pretty decent with beer and mix drink specials and a three dollar Margarita. All in all real nice place priced right and with leaf peeping season coming up its a place Ill be to at least once more in the next few weeks.

Room Tip: Cell service is spotty. but its most places in the Adirondacks but my cheap 19$ phone worked better...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Tonite my husband and I went to the re-opened Black Mountain Inn to have dinner and it was terrible from the bar, service and food. Our appetizer came out after 30 minutes of waiting and our entrees came out right after. How so you make a tasteless Mushroom Swiss Burger? Our bill was $54,00 and not worth $25. Save your money.

• Stayed August 2014
Mark O, Owner at Black Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
I have read this review several times and I'm truly stumped! I emailed Robin directly upon receiving her review and have never gotten a return note. I was in the restaurant the night Robin and her husband came in and spoke to them for a short time as well. I know we were busy and extremely short staffed due to two weddings in town and a large festival going on at the Ski Bowl. In my response to Robin I offered to comp their next dinner in hopes of getting them back in. Because I have not heard back from her and because this is her 1 and only review I can only think that this was a personal attack on our establishment.

Mark
Crystal Beach, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We found the food here fantastic, great Buffalo wings and beef on wick. The motel was another thing. Owner/staff unable to determine which rooms were clean and could be occupied. One room was unlocked by staff and we were told there was no key for it. We watched them check in another guest and give him the keys to an already occupied room beside us. There appeared to be at least 24 units to rent here and turned out only 4 were rented the night we were there. Poor management that can not even manage to rent out 4 rooms without all the difficulty. The rooms were confortable however.

Even with the check in difficulties, would stay again if in the area, everyone was friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
I welcome your comments as my Hotel experience is limited. Since taking The Black Mountain Lodge over in December last year, I have replaced mattresses, cleaned carpets, remodeled rooms and obtained new bedding and upgraded our online presence. My Hotel experience is definitely a work in progress and I appreciate the reviews so I may be of better service to future customers. As with most North Country businesses hiring good staff is always hard.

Mark
Schenectady, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Two friends and I had hoped to stay right in North Creek for a Friday night before a rafting trip, but the two places we called in town required a two-night minimum. So we opted for Black Mountain. We were able to get a suite (two queens and a twin) for less than what a double would have cost us in town. So that was nice. The room was large, with a table and chairs, microwave and coffee maker and small fridge. Unfortunately, it did not seem very clean. We found a child's shirt in the twin bed, leading us to believe the sheets had not been changed (the lodge apologized and provided clean sheets). There was a fruit loop on the floor by the table and moths on the floor in the bathroom. Curtains were falling off the windows, and dead bugs were collecting in the bottom of the globe light over the table. It wasn't filthy, but it wasn't immaculate either - the details were definitely overlooked. The beds were comfortable and the lodge overall was quiet - we never heard a peep from our neighbors. I was less irked than my girlfriends (who insisted we not leave a tip for housekeeping), but they were not impressed.

Rochester, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Coming through the mountains, stopping to kayak on many waters, we found this gem!
Lodging, meals, campfires and so much fun!
From the minute you hit the door you feel welcome. These "servers" do it all, Two Pat' s were there at 6 pm that evening. The pub is the hub of the motel. Get your room, get a beverage, poured just like we like them, order some dinner!
The welcoming makes it easy to make friends with the other travelers. Campfires make lasting memories.

Room Tip: All rooms are good!
Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

As other reviews read, we landed at the Black Mountain Lodge later in the evening feeling a little desperate for a place to close our eyes. We arrived as the lights were going out however the bar staff helped us to get a room although this wasn't typically her responsiblilty. Mark was not around and could not be reached so there wasn't any payment of money. She gave us his cell and she took our number. In the morning, we woke with no one in site so we decided to go look for breakfast. When we came back to pay, Mark was back and very hospitable.
The room was simple and dated but very clean and in working condition. My only suggestion would be is to update the bedding.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My friends and I arrived here in the middle of the night with no place to stay, and Mark (the owner) let us stay upstairs in his ski bunks. He made our stay that night extremely comfortable. We went back the next night to the restaurant/bar and had an AMAZING burger and a beer, and ended up staying again. Mark was so great to my friends and me, and we will definitely be back for our next trip to North Creek!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Black Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!