You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chili/Rochester Airport to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chili/Rochester Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chili
Middlesex, New Jersey
“great on a budget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We were new to visit the area and were here just to visit Darien Lake and Seabreeze Amusement Parks so not having the extras like a pool didn't really matter. One day we left the room and ate lunch in the lobby/lounge area. The nice dark haired lady at the front desk went above and beyond with my 2 boys offering them a snack and drink mid-day. Then later, when I had forgotten to put the sign on one of the beds that needed sheets for our final night- I found Kareem cleaning the next room and he stopped what he was doing and changed the one bed for me immediately. Everyone was very friendly including the guests I came in contact with. I walked the boys across the street to Memorial Park to play one afternoon as well. I used the business center and found a mailbox at the strip mall next door. When we needed food after the movies at Cinemark 10, we stopped in to Phil's Pizza down the block and got some dinner. We stayed for 3 nights, the room was pretty flawless and I can be a harsh judge if I see things that aren't clean. The paint was bright on the walls, the place seemed to be pretty new to me. Breakfast was nothing special but adequate and best of all, free. There was juice, coffee, tea, bagels, donuts, muffins, fruit. All in all, I wouldn't have minded staying longer than we did. Wegman's was down the street with Target and a few other restaurants and gas stations.

Room Tip: hotel is set back with parking and doors all the way around, not sure why anything other than being...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
MicrotelChili, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chili/Rochester Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. I have passed along your positive comments to all the staff mentioned and they appreciate you taking the time to point out the great job they are doing. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We had a king room and it was generally pretty good, but the air conditioner when it first started smelled pretty bad - like mold at first, then like urine. I know the area has experienced a good deal of rain in the past weeks, and that may have contributed to the musty smell, but something should be done with that air conditioner so that it doesn't smell like the inside of an old clothes hamper, or a floor rug around a toilet!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We did receive quite a bit of rain which did affect the smell of that A/C unit. We have had this unit serviced and we appreciate you bringing it to our attention.
Rochester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

This facility has gone from extremely top notch to mediocre. I have had to stay in a room that has been very uncomfortable each time and even with dried feces left in the shower this time. The staff, Microtel, nor Wyndham are willing to accommodate the customer...at least not this customer. I won't stay again unless and until customer service improves.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for your comments about your stay. I apologize that you feel we have become "mediocre." I have been made aware of your past stay and the issue with the room type that you reserved. When making reservations online, we cannot control the room type you have booked and we honor the room type booked. We do try our best to accommodate any requests but please contact the hotel directly and we will gladly assist you with reserving a room type of your choice. Thank you

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chili/Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!