“GREAT HOTEL, GREAT STAFF!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Third Street, Niagara Falls, NY 14303   |
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, GA
“GREAT HOTEL, GREAT STAFF!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I just came back from Sheraton At The Falls today, 9/30/13. After reading the reviews I was a bit concerned but after arriving and checking in and going to room I was really confused at all the bad reviews. This hotel is simply GREAT!!! Great Location, Great Staff and Great Rooms. I would highly recommend and if I visit the area again I would not stay anywhere else but Sheraton At The Falls. Please don't let the few bad reviews run you away because it is a really nice property and the staff is amazing and will go out of their way to help you!!! The beds are AWESOME!!!!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 5th floor hallaways are long so you might want to ask for a room by the elevator.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ron D, General Manager at Sheraton At The Falls, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide each guest superior customer service. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I hate to write this but it was horrible beginning to end. The door was broken 11pm maintenance was fixing, next day still broken. Shower handle broken, towel rack broken, lamp broken, under bed wasn't vacuumed. Room stunk of smoke. They messed up reservation 2 queens instead of a 1 king, not a major killer but added to everything else. They put a $372 hold on credit card for a $236 bill and never told me. Front desk could have cared less! Not genuine and did NOTHING to remedy except oops I'm sorry. Overall appearance is needs serious sprucing up at least remove the stains on the carpet on 2nd floor!! p.s i informed the hotel I would be placing this on trip advisor since they have a sticker on their door, they shrugged their shoulders!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is always our goal to meet and exceed everyone’s expectations. By reading your review we did not succeed. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the Hotel. We are in the middle of a massive renovation. It does include the lobby, guestrooms and bathrooms. This renovation also includes new training opportunities for all staff members. We do strive to provide each guest with exceptional customer service. Again my apologies.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

My name is John. Myself & my friends arrived from Baltimore, Maryland for a weekend NFL game. Allison at the front desk was very hospitable. Warm & polite. She informed me and my friends on what areas would be nice to visit while in town as well as pizza places. I will definitely recommend this location to all of my friends & associates as well. Go Bills!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
ptlm323
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We made a last minute reservation while on a trip elsewhere. The reservation process easy. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the falls and seceral great restaurants. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The on site parking was convenient and only cost $5. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you found our amenities to be comfortable and accommodating. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Beware ! They have thieves among their housekeeping staff and their management is full of crooks.

Here is an incident that happened to us.

We stayed in the Hotel on 19th and 20th of August. On the morning of 21st, at 9 am , we moved most of our stuff to our car and then went to visit the falls. We left a few items in the room and planned to come back before the check out time , 12 pm and then move the remaining items. When I came back to the hotel room at 11:45 am, all my remaining items were moved and them room was cleaned and made up for the next person! We never informed them that we were going to check out, so it was still under our name and they had no right to move our belongings. Also we declined room service , so they should never have entered our room.

I waited in the queue for half an hour (they are highly understaffed in peak seasons, so expect long wait times in queue to check in/out), and informed the staff about the issue. The lady at the counter took the issue as a funny incident (and never thought of apologizing the mistake on their side). She told me the housekeeping staff thought we have already checked out (how can they 'think' so) and moved our items to lost and found. She said she is getting the items from lost and found and then asked me to wait. I waited another half an hour and my items were still not there. I then said I will come back in the evening and collect them.

In the evening I was told that they don't have my items and was asked to talk to the manager. Another long wait for the manager , Serena , to arrive and she told me she is going to check the security logs and see if someone else entered our room. I told her it is very clear that it is their on staff who entered because no one else could have cleaned up my room and refreshed the items in the room (new bottles of water, new soaps and shampoos , etc), but she still checked and told me that there is no log of anyone else entering my room. (Clearly , a big lie to protect their staff). I had drunk from one of the bottles of water at 11:45 am, because my own water bottle which was there in the room was taken away and I was thirsty at that time. I showed Serena their water bottle that was half drunk which was a clear evidence that the housekeeping entered my room while it was still under my name (otherwise , I would never have been able to enter the room again and drink from it)

Serena wanted me to file the claim with insurance. My insurance would not pay me because the cost of the items lost was less than the deductible. I wanted the hotel to compensate for the cost of my items lost (it was not just about them items that I lost, I lost 3 hours of my costly vacation and my peace of mind, but I just wanted them to compensate for the material loss). Serena said she would not do that and said go ahead when I said I am going to post a negative review about their hotel. So here I am.

I never had this kind of experience any time before. I have stayed in both high starred and low starred hotels, but never. These guys are real crooks. Please stay away from them. I know a negative review from my side can not do much to their business, but anyway I really wish they bite the dust. No more business from my side for anything involving the name 'Sheraton'.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room in this hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

After reading other reviews on here of this hotel I was hesitant to book a room. We were attending a conference across the street from the hotel and we were offered a conference rate so we booked a room for 2 nights. As SPG members we were given a room on the 6th floor and it was very nice. The room was large and nicely decorated and everything worked. A refrigerator and microwave would have made the room even nicer. Our room view was Canada and on our last night we were treated to a fireworks show. The elevators were quick and for a hotel that was full we never had to wait long for one. One thing the hotel should add is valet parking. It is a bit of a walk with luggage from the parking lot.
On a negative note the Fridays restaurant in the hotel was terrible. The food was ok, but the service horrible. Our waiter for dinner was not that attentive and we waited quite a while in a fairly empty restaurant for him to even take our drink orders. Our breakfast waitress was like someone out of a bad sitcom. She was detached and solemn and seemed perturbed with us because we did not want the buffet and she would have to actually do some work and take an order and serve us. She brought us coffee and by the time she brought us cream the coffee was cold. She served us a pot of coffee with no lid so it also got cold. I thought some tv show was going to pop out and tell us the joke was on us. Take my advice eat somewhere else. The Starbucks in the hotel was good.

Room Tip: Join the SPG club and get a room on the club members floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is always our goal to meet and exceed everyone’s expectations. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the restaurant for the service you experienced. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We are happy that your stay was a success. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Sheraton at the Falls is convient (about 3 blocks) to the Niagara Falls Park. Rooms are about average for Sheraton, and a remodeling is in progress. Prices in September were quite reasonable. Across the street from a Seneca Casino and Hotel, it might appeal to gamblers.Has a TGI Fridays in the building for breakfast to dinner, but nothing fancier close-by that I could find. also a fitness room and indoor pool. Starwoods frequent-guest members have a club room for continental breakfasts, and hor's d'ouvres and drinks at night, no charge. I did not get to see the Concierge Lounge, located on another floor.

The city itself struck me as economically depressed, and I wouldn't suggest wandering off the tourist path by foot. The Falls are great, and this is about as good as the hotel selection gets in the city.

Room Tip: Very long halls, you might want to be closer to the elevators.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our hotel comfortable and accommodating. We hope you will visit us again soon. Thank you.

Been to Sheraton At The Falls? Share your experiences!