On the map it looked so close to Rainbow Bridge, but after a long walk from Canada side and crossed the bridge, the hotel did not seem to be that close. The typical hot summer weather plus heavy traffic and huge crowd did not help either. It was the weekend of 4th of July. So... understandable. Perhaps we were also tired from all the walks on that weekend.
Front desk people were friendly and super nice! We were there before noon, so the room was not ready. They offered to keep our luggages in safe room if we wanted to go sightseeing before check-in. Since we did plan to do Cave of the Wind and Maid of The Mist on US side on that afternoon, we were so glad to be able to leave our bags in the hotel. Came back to hotel around 3-4 pm, room was ready. Check-in process was quick and easy.
Two queen bedroom was just okay. Nothing special at all. It looked a little bit 'dark' in the room and the AC did not get cold right away. After a few hours, room finally got colder. No microwave/fridge. Bathroom amenities are typical.
Lobby was nice, did not give the 'old hotel' feeling. There is this big area for free computer to use. Free wifi in the hotel.
TGIF and Starbuck in the hotel are really nice options for us who simply did not have any more energy to go out and find places to eat.
Overall, since it was only one night stay, we did enjoy our stay at the hotel. Not sure if we wanted to stay longer than that.... we might choose a hotel that is better suited for our needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Sheraton At The Falls Niagara Falls, New York USA. This upscale hotel features 392 guest rooms including 25 luxury suites. If you’re looking to hold a meeting or special event they offer over 14,000 square feet of prime meeting/event space including the stately Crown Jewel Ballroom which can handle events to 300 people. The hotel is located in the heart of downtown within walking distance of the New York State Park as well as the Canadian border. The property is situated directly adjacent to the Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel and next door to the The Conference Center Niagara Falls which features 116,000 square feet of flexible meeting/event space. We are located just minutes away from Niagara University, Fashion Outlets Niagara Falls, historic Lewiston and less than 30 minutes from Buffalo, New York. Area attractions include: Maid of the Mist Boat Ride, Cave of the Winds, Journey Behind the Falls, helicopter rides, souvenir shops and many nature and hiking trails. The Jade Restaurant offers your favorite breakfast selections daily. For lunch and dinner enjoy the upbeat atmosphere of our T.G.I. Friday’s located right off the lobby. We also have Niagara Fall’s only full service Starbucks. Complimentary wireless high speed internet is available throughout the facility. We also feature a large indoor pool and fitness center. Parking is $5 daily with in and out privileges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Starwood, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sheraton At The Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton At The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Crowne Plaza